ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

They’d move WSS. And because it’s a much more lucrative release date than early Nov. The 2020 calendar configuration gets you Christmas Fri and New Years Fri, just like TFA got in 2015. It’s a spectacular date for a huge moneymaker and there currently aren’t any scheduled.

Ahem, Dune is scheduled on Dec 18 and Eternal sis its direct competition. And we know what audience, especially OS, will choose. Marvel, duh. WB is fucked. Godzilla vs Kong was always going to bomb. But Dune is their awards player on top of being their tentpole and possible franchise starter. if Eternals move in that slot, they can kiss boxoffice goodbye and with the all the rest. 

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ahem, Dune is scheduled on Dec 18 and Eternal sis its direct competition. And we know what audience, especially OS, will choose. Marvel, duh. WB is fucked. Godzilla vs Kong was always going to bomb. But Dune is their awards player on top of being their tentpole and possible franchise starter. if Eternals move in that slot, they can kiss boxoffice goodbye and with the all the rest. 

Who said to you Dune is award player? 

Dune stans are really trying hard. 😁

36 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

If a lot of OS markets open on the Nov 12th date (since No Time to Die was also supposed to release in many OS markets on the same date as the original UK release date), its gonna affect The Eternals. But yeah, GvK is gonna have a larger impact domestically.

hm, as i read the comment again it seems that that only uk will release on 12

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Who said to you Dune is award player? 

Dune stans are really trying hard. 😁

previously nominated names (director, star) + December release date + literally classic sound about as good for awards as Little Women. So I don't get why you think it's a reach. 

now i think that disney will release raya one week later , and as for eternal well if all os markets release for bond in 12 nov, then eternals will probably be moved to late october , maybe if not and only uk has it at 12 nov then the release date for eternals will stay as it is

34 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

They haven't done the week early thing in two years. I doubt they were going to do it for this movie. This might give them incentive to do it now though.

Eternals is listed in NZ and Aus for 29/10 so it would seem like they were always planning for the earlier international release for this one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

NGL, Bond moving to November has made me a lot less confident in this being the biggest film DOM or WW. Feel like Strange to Ragnarok Numbers DOM/WW seem right, probably more towards the middle.

Spoilers for Kumail’s character (more if you click this link)

Spoiler

“A lot of it takes place in the present day,” began Nanjiani of director Chloé Zhao‘s take on the material, about a group of immortal aliens who’ve lived hidden on earth for the past 7000 years, until the time comes for them to protect us all. “My character, for instance, is like ‘OK we’re supposed to keep a low profile, no one should know.’ So I become a Bollywood movie star, that’s my secret identity. We’re supposed to keep quiet and I’ve become the biggest Bollywood movie star.” Now that’s a great comedic clash of contexts (while also giving context to the footage we originally saw), and I am always here for an MCU film actively leaning into comedy.

This is gonna be the greatest movie ever. The hype is real. Wake me up when November happens. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am betting the Nov 6th date of Eternals is a huge topic of discussion at Disney as we speak.

Let's face it, No Time To Die is heavy competition for any movie,even an MCU film;they might well decide to move it to another date;hell, they could even carry it over to 2021.

Just now, dudalb said:

I am betting the Nov 6th date of Eternals is a huge topic of discussion at Disney as we speak.

Let's face it, No Time To Die is heavy competition for any movie,even an MCU film;they might well decide to move it to another date;hell, they could even carry it over to 2021.

No Time to Die opens three weeks after this, it won't provide that much competition.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

😂😂

This is legit funny. 

Movies can easily coexist. Beside there is sufficient gap between the 2.

Going by your theory. Studios should stop releasing movies. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The stakes are pretty high with this film since it is the first MCU film introducing a bunch of new charecters in the post Endgame world.(Yes , Ihave seen Spiderman Far From Home but though set in the MCU it was not exactly a full scale MCU Film). Disney is going to do whatever it needs to maximize the chances for this to be a hit.

• Disbelief 1