ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

If Eternals got bumped to May, they could really run up the "from director Chloe Zhao" during her inevitable Oscar campaign (and its looking maybe a number of noms/wins) for Nomadland

on the other hand, based on the set photos/reports of the story it seems like the romance part of this could be huge for its current Valentines release.

Edited by SpiderByte

24 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Possible, but I think if even things are not fully reopened Disney/ the industry will have found a viable release strategy for films by next May.

I think they’ll absolutely have a strategy going by May, probably just relatively normal exhibition in a partially vaccinated world.   

But if they don’t feel comfortable with their options in say, March, which is possible, there’s a chance the BW is that May movie with Eternals July and Shang-Chi Oct or something.

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

If they delay to July, they can try/hope to market it as “from Oscar winning director Chloe Zhao” ;) 

I won’t lie, this is the only acceptable reason for this movie to premiere in July. Because if I don’t get it in May I’m probably gonna die.😂😂😂

There is room where they could move Shang-Chi to July and not have to kick the entire slate down like they did before. Especially if Spideys delays now push it into 2022 and maybe Strange moves back to November. It'd be a lot tighter than Marvel's typical schedule (especially with the shows) but it's doable.

Another interesting factor is how they previously talked about how this would feature Marvel's first openly gay hero...

Spoiler

when now with WandaVision now coming out first it sounds like that may not be the case, give or take the timing of the shows 9 episodes.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

There is room where they could move Shang-Chi to July and not have to kick the entire slate down like they did before. Especially if Spideys delays now push it into 2022 and maybe Strange moves back to November. It'd be a lot tighter than Marvel's typical schedule (especially with the shows) but it's doable.

Another interesting factor is how they previously talked about how this would feature Marvel's first openly gay hero...

Hide contents

when now with WandaVision now coming out first it sounds like that may not be the case, give or take the timing of the shows 9 episodes.

To be honest, I think we’ll see the films move back a slot or Widow goes to Disney+ in order to keep the stream steady. I also think we’ll see lower grosses for tentpoles for the time being due to the pandemics, so it may be wiser if Disney did at most 3.

I don't feel I can fully articulate how angry and upset I am at this. And yes, I know they weren't done reshoots and had a bunch of CGI to finish, that's not the point. The thought of this coming out in May 2021 was literally a crutch to get me through the hellscape that will be this winter.  It's like the last match in the box just got rained on.

dead river GIF

• Sad 6

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 20201 | Delayed again | Life No Longer Has Meaning

Well that gives post-humans something to look forward to!

For immortal beings, this movie is the beacon of representation. It's their Black Panther.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 20201 | Delayed again | Life No Longer Has Meaning

Well that gives post-humans something to look forward to!

Well, that's what they get for editing my title.  I fixed it :)