ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah this one hurts the most out of all the moves. Wonder in case Spidey can't make it they'll push it back to Dec 2021.

I’m a bit skeptical about Spidey hitting the Xmas date, but I hope the can leave BW,SC, and Eternals as is and move DS2 into Xmas if needed.

3 hours ago, Ithil said:

I imagine they just decided it's a better fit for winter vs Shang-Chi.

Agreed, but i doubt they’re not think about the movie chance on awards to decide.

Chloe Zhao is probably getting nominated next year for Picture, Director And Screenplay with Nomadland. From what we know, Eternals is not only very different from MCU but also a very ambitious movie with a very diverse cast and a strong artist directing it.

So, considering the movie is basically done, this longer delay for me is because fits better too, but also because it’s on award season cycle.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The 2021 calender will be basically what we had in 2020. Normalcy will return in perhaps March 2021. 2022/2023

FIFY

Earliest - at least for cinemas and their customers’ visiting behavior. If .... a lot of to check details happen beforehand

Till all the usual cinema goers will be back... it will take a long time after a generally available vaccine is not only found, but its production installations, equipments, and... are build too and so on.

I feel (hopeful, in their wish for a certain outcome) people are too optimistic about reaching / getting back ‘normalcy’.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/23/2020 at 2:29 PM, ThomasNicole said:

They want awards, november is a perfect date for campaign.

Not every CBM is going to be nominated. BP and Jokah were nominated because of strong socio-political messages. Maybe Eternals has that too in which case it could get a nom so we'll see. But yes, Zhao seems almost locked to win for Nolanland.

5 hours ago, andersonhoran said:

I don't doubt this sentiment, but in all reality there was no way Disney was going to count on PVOD revenue and Disney+ subs to defray the costs for BW and Eternals. The mouse company needs those films to clear something like 100-150M DOM for them to be satisfied. Anything less would be a disaster, and that's what would happen with a primarily PVOD release.

I'd count that May 2021 release date as penciled in for BW. Disney will try to make it stick but we're in a TBD scenario. There are no guarantees. If it slips, Eternals slips too.

Edited by doublejack

19 minutes ago, doublejack said:

I don't doubt this sentiment, but in all reality there was no way Disney was going to count on PVOD revenue and Disney+ subs to defray the costs for BW and Eternals. The mouse company needs those films to clear something like 100-150M DOM for them to be satisfied. Anything less would be a disaster, and that's what would happen with a primarily PVOD release.

I'd count that May 2021 release date as penciled in for BW. Disney will try to make it stick but we're in a TBD scenario. There are no guarantees. If it slips, Eternals slips too.

If Mulan had been a success you can bet that they WOULD have counted on VOD to release those movies.

Fortunately it seems like Mulan was unsuccessful, and as a result, tentpole films will not be going to streaming - for now, at least.

Edited by Avatree

On 9/25/2020 at 3:03 PM, doublejack said:

There was no way Disney was going to send those two movies to VOD. That would be throwing awaymoney.

And Disney knows those films will keep. No matter when they release them, the MCU audience will show up. No need to rush a release. Some other films might well have a short shelf life, but not the MCU fioms.

I think it is just a case of NATO wanting to kiss Disney's butt a bit.

On 9/25/2020 at 4:35 PM, VenomXXR said:

Of all MCU content we know is coming, this is still the top of my list 😫

Come on 2021, let the world be right again! 

Certainly going to beat "The New Gods" into theaters.

If you did not know the Eternals has more then a passing resembelence to "The New Gods", Kirby was definently getting back a little  at DC for cancelling The New Gods, so decided to do what is pretty much the same concept for Marvel.