ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

On 7/23/2019 at 7:18 AM, JB33 said:

End of the Thanos cycle, yes, but it would be weird if they're going to get into the Eternals corner of Marvel and not have it connect to Thanos in some way.

Thanos' story is done in terms of the infinity stones quest, of course, but I have no doubt the character will re-appear or at least be referenced in some capacity in the near future. If the Eternals didn't exist then I'd think differently, but we're getting into Eternals and Deviants here, of which Thanos is a hybrid. His whole family are also very important figures in Eternals lore. Again, it would be borderline weird not to acknowledge him in some way again.

If The Eternals does get a sequel, I feel that's where Marvel will most likely feature a younger Thanos and flesh out his backstory. Then again, Feige did mention in an interview with Collider that the movie could span over tens of thousands of years, so maybe Thanos might have a cameo towards the end of this film. Marvel did play with the idea of exploring Thanos' childhood in Infinity War, so perhaps they're saving it for The Eternals? Besides, Josh Brolin is confirmed to appear in at least one episode of Marvel's What If? series, so that's pretty cool

Official concept art from Infinity War featuring a younger Thanos:

Xr0lUhK.jpg 

• Like 2

If not for Taika, this would definitely be my most anticipated of announced Phase 4 movies. Such a diverse stunning cast. Plus not knowing much about The Eternals make anticipation more interesting. 

Really thought I would be more of a casual after The Infinity Saga but each of the announced Phase 4 movie has something unique and worth looking forward to: the whole cast of Eternals, Taika/Natalie Portman, finally a solo for Natasha, TONY FUCKING LEUNG, more Lizzie Olsen, and Mahershala Ali! 

And that not even including instant stan mode-activated movies like BP2 and CM2 yet.

Feige bae got me like

tumblr_omp36dLrWU1us4qppo1_500.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Waffles said:

If The Eternals does get a sequel, I feel that's where Marvel will most likely feature a younger Thanos and flesh out his backstory. Then again, Feige did mention in an interview with Collider that the movie could span over tens of thousands of years, so maybe Thanos might have a cameo towards the end of this film. Marvel did play with the idea of exploring Thanos' childhood in Infinity War, so perhaps they're saving it for The Eternals? Besides, Josh Brolin is confirmed to appear in at least one episode of Marvel's What If? series, so that's pretty cool

Official concept art from Infinity War featuring a younger Thanos:

Xr0lUhK.jpg 

Thanks! This is neat.

17 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I'm sure someone's said it already, but...lol @ Angelina going from the failed Dark Universe to the most successful film franchise of all time.*

*IIRC

Lmao. I forgot that was a thing. Guessing most people have as well and those involved hope it stays that way. I guess I think of The Mummy 2017 as being a failed reboot, and not a 2nd attempt at starting a franchise after Dracula Untold...which I really liked. 

• Like 1

I notice since Marvel announced a definent release date for the Eternals we have had a lot more activity over at DC with "New Gods".

No way New GOds beats Eternals into the theaters, so DC is going to have to try to beat it with quality. I think the New Gods books are a lot better then the Eternals books; New GOds might be Kirby's masterpiece and Eternals is only pretty good,but remains to be seen if DC can bring that difference to the screen.

It is going to be interesting competition,though.

ANd I think Feige would love to get a little revenge on DC for basically messing up whatever plans he might have had for Prince Namor with the huge success of Aquaman...

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Deja23 said:

Lmao. I forgot that was a thing. Guessing most people have as well and those involved hope it stays that way. I guess I think of The Mummy 2017 as being a failed reboot, and not a 2nd attempt at starting a franchise after Dracula Untold...which I really liked. 

Universal's tried to get it's Horror franchises restarted with "The Wolfman" in 2010..and failed.

They need to stick to the horror roots;you can turn the Mummy into an action extravanga but most of the Universal monsters do not lend themselves to that approach.