ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

12 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Marvel has been releasing 2-3 hits a year for a few years now.. SW has traditionally been more spaced apart and lots of people thought that would be a problem for Solo.

OK and? That doesn't mean they are incapable of making a flop. 

13 hours ago, UTJeff said:

People thought you could never doubt Star Wars and Lucasfilm...and then Solo happened.

Half of SW main saga is completely despised by everyone, even fans. It didn't exactly help that of the last 5 released, 4 of them were hated.

Solo was just a bomb waiting to happen. It had meh marketing, but let's not pretend that's the main reason it bombed the way it did. 

Marvel has been on a roll, with each movie being universally praised by fans and well-liked by general audiences since Age Of Ultron (which had underwhelming reception but still positive). With only The Dark World having mixed reception since The Avengers broke out (and most of the misfires in Phase 1)

It can still be real bad and/or flop real hard but it's not a good comparison.

7 hours ago, UTJeff said:

OK and? That doesn't mean they are incapable of making a flop. 

I mean yeah they already made a flop called The Incredible Hulk years ago. But since GOTG, people have been saying "this next one will be their first flop" and it's been like 5 years.. lol

Also SW is just a bad comparison cause 1) the reaction to TLJ was very out of the ordinary for any fandom let alone Marvel and 2) Solo's budget ballooned due to production troubles so it had no room for error.

Edited by Rebeccas

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, UTJeff said:

People thought you could never doubt Star Wars and Lucasfilm...and then Solo happened.

SOmeday Marvel Studios will make a flop. Just the law of Averages..someday it will happen.

In fact, I think the 2008 solo Hulk film actually lost money.Not a lot but it was not a success.

17 hours ago, expensiveho said:

Half of SW main saga is completely despised by everyone, even fans. It didn't exactly help that of the last 5 released, 4 of them were hated.

Solo was just a bomb waiting to happen. It had meh marketing, but let's not pretend that's the main reason it bombed the way it did. 

Marvel has been on a roll, with each movie being universally praised by fans and well-liked by general audiences since Age Of Ultron (which had underwhelming reception but still positive). With only The Dark World having mixed reception since The Avengers broke out (and most of the misfires in Phase 1)

It can still be real bad and/or flop real hard but it's not a good comparison.

Uh, Iron Man 3 also got a very mixed reception. Made a lot of money, but defiantly divided audiences.

21 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

I would not worry about Marvel turning some kooky dumb concept into a big hit at this point. Maybe send your concern over to New Gods which is at a studio with not the best track record with space/fantasy stuff.

And with a director whose last attempt at a fantasy film was a box office and critical flop.

I hope Duvenay pulls if off, since I love Jack Kirby's "Fourth World" with a passion, but A Winkle In Time certainly leads you to question if fantasy is really her style.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, Rebeccas said:

Is this about like Gods in space? Not sure how that's at all similar to X-Men, especially since the Fox X-Men franchise has been relatively grounded even drab at times.

Most of the Eternals is set on Earth after the early set up of two super alien races battling each other with the Earth becoming a main battlefield of the struggle.

Yeah, Kirby was definently borrowing from his"Fourth World" when he created "The Eternals".

Edited by dudalb

On 10/26/2018 at 1:41 PM, Jonwo said:

Benedict Cumberbatch is a busy actor so I'm guessing DS2 will be 2021 which is quite a big gap between films.

I thought word was they were ramping up pre production on Strange for an early next year start.

Edit:  Wong recently stated he hoped to start filming at the end of this year.

So far none of these dates or films are official post Avengers 4 except for the "second" SM

Edited by TalismanRing

First MCU I won't see at the cinema. I nodded off less than halfway through reading character descriptions. Incredibly boring. 

I knew GOTG would be big the moment someone posted the image of CB GOTG and it shwoed Rocket and Groot. but this shit is just lesser X Men. Pass.

Edited by Valonqar

28 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

First MCU I won't see at the cinema. I nodded off less than halfway through reading character descriptions. Incredibly boring. 

I knew GOTG would be big the moment someone posted the image of CB GOTG and it shwoed Rocket and Groot. but this shit is just lesser X Men. Pass.

Have you even seen a single trailer to judge on character descriptions alone?

21 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Have you even seen a single trailer to judge on character descriptions alone?

I don't care. I have limit. I admit my interest in MCU post Endgame is waning. I'm not interested to follow quite a number of new characters who'll make new Avengers I presume. And I have never been big on X Men movies save Wolverine character, so these Eternals don't appeal to me.