ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Just now, filmlover said:

The homophobes will make a stink no matter what but at the end of the day it'll have approximately zero impact (since said folks who see all the other MCU movies are gonna see this one too out of "obligation" and anyone who hasn't seen any of the others wasn't gonna see this to begin with) and Marvel will have the last laugh, as always.

Probably. Unlike an Unplanned situation, where the shoe was on the other foot except those who were opposed sent death threats to theatres showing it. You're only allowed to have one way of thinking, right?

43 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Probably. Unlike an Unplanned situation, where the shoe was on the other foot except those who were opposed sent death threats to theatres showing it. You're only allowed to have one way of thinking, right?

That's irrelevant to what I was saying but whatever. However, I would think if you've got a problem with two people of the same sex being romantic with each other but don't have a problem with two people of opposite sexes being romantic with each other, you might have some issues you might want to work on. This isn't 2005, when Brokeback Mountain caused a storm of controversy for merely existing (your reminder that the reaction to Heath Ledger, a straight actor, being casted as the Joker was mostly a chorus of "ewwwww he's gonna try and fuck Batman the whole movie" types of reactions).

And that's my two cents. Moving on. Only 11 more months until this makes all the money.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

We are perhaps nearing topics best suited for other threads. I doubt it affects Eternals BO much and it seems like pretty much everyone agrees on that front?

It most certainly will not affect the box office much. There'll be the usual crap on social media like with Captain Marvel but it's shaping up to be an amazing film and yet another exciting new direction in the MCU, and that's the most important thing. With some really great trailers this could absolutely blow up to be a #1 WW contender for 2020.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's irrelevant to what I was saying but whatever. However, I would think if you've got a problem with two people of the same sex being romantic with each other but don't have a problem with two people of opposite sexes being romantic with each other, you might have some issues you might want to work on. This isn't 2005, when Brokeback Mountain caused a storm of controversy for merely existing (your reminder that the reaction to Heath Ledger, a straight actor, being casted as the Joker was mostly a chorus of "ewwwww he's gonna try and fuck Batman the whole movie" types of reactions).

And that's my two cents. Moving on. Only 11 more months until this makes all the money.

I have a mature, thoughtful response to that but we'll save it for another thread or dismiss the conversation entirely. I'm good with either.

Most of us are united in looking the hell forward to this movie, so there's that. Only 11 months is right.....

18 hours ago, Menor said:

I think there will be some backlash from the usual boycotting suspects. I also think it will have exactly the same effect on the movie's success as the CM boycott. 

If anything, having the bigots attack you is probably a overall plus.

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

So we're not going to talk about Kumail Nunjani being completely yoked now?

“Funny guy hired to play a Marvel hero gets swole” is not exactly the most original story by this point 😛  

It is an impressive transformation in just a year or so. Simu Liu coming along too.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Haha 2

Just now, Arendelle Legion said:

“Funny guy hired to play a Marvel hero gets swole” is not the original story by this point. It is an impressive transformation in just a year or so. Simu Liu coming along too.

So are we getting Hasan Minhaj in some time or Marvel will look to Bollywood for Indian guy. It's high time, they got 1 Pakistan based actor and one character. Its India time 😛

• Like 1