DeeCee

***SPOILER***SPOILER***DEADPOOL 2*** SPOILER***SPOILER

4 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Deadpool called him John Connor at one point.

john-connor-scars.jpg

20170808josh-brolin-deadpool-2.jpg?w=644

Think that joke was about the appearance, rather than timetravel/robotic limbs. I mean John never time-travels himself and is a human with no robot features.

Edited by IronJimbo

Just saw a leaked still of the X-Men cast and I’m pretty sure there’s a reunion banner behind them. Which explains why they’re at the mansion. I know Deadpool, it doesn’t have to make sense but the thought of the team coming together for a reunion is hilarious to me. 

• Astonished 1

9 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It was disappointing they made Cable so racist.  It just wasn't necessary.

How was he racist?

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

Points for the Wilderpeople references.

REFERENCES? It was like Julian thought this was the same film lol. He was basically the same character. Which I loved.

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Deadpool called him John Connor at one point.

This reference made no sense, Julian Dennisons character is John Connor, Cable is the terminator sent back to kill the kid.

12 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

REFERENCES? It was like Julian thought this was the same film lol. He was basically the same character. Which I loved.

His first scene with Juggernaut was particularly on the nose. Him ca-caw-ing, wanting to be a gangster, the Tupac bit. It's cheap but it got me.

I think the biggest crowd reaction in the movie came when Ryan Reynolds said New Zealand.

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

His first scene with Juggernaut was particularly on the nose. Him ca-caw-ing, wanting to be a gangster, the Tupac bit. It's cheap but it got me.

I think the biggest crowd reaction in the movie came when Ryan Reynolds said New Zealand.

yeah when he first approaches Juggernaut I laughed because it was a funny reference but actually he was like that for the whole film :) 

3 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

yeah when he first approaches Juggernaut I laughed because it was a funny reference but actually he was like that for the whole film :) 

He sets things on fire a lot... just like Ricky Baker.

GHxB.gif

It's borderline plagiarism, really.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ranger Tree said:

This reference made no sense, Julian Dennisons character is John Connor, Cable is the terminator sent back to kill the kid.

See my post above, think he was going by appearance alone. Which is weird because you expect many people to understand that joke.

One of my biggest issues with Deadpool 2 is that there is a point in the movie, right in the second act, where it peaks in hilarity and absurdity. The sequence where all of the X-Force are killed an insanely graphically way that could’ve been taken straight out of “South Park” but leaves you in both shock and laughter to a point that will have you wheezing. 

But here’s the thing: not only is the film unable to make you erupt in laughter as hard as that sequence (until the post credits sequence which might be the best post credit sequence in a comedy movie since the meta end credit sequence in “22 Jump Street”) but they don’t give you enough airtime for you to catch your breath. Because of the film not being able to let you breathe after shelling out joke after joke, you start to feel the film’s length which by any means does not need to be close to two hours.

Here's my full review: http://rendyreviews.com/movies//deadpool-2-review

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So this movie references about four dozen other films like could anyone enjoy this without having seen every major tentpole released in the last 10 years? 

Probably not, this movie references all the movies.

• Like 1