DeeCee

***SPOILER***SPOILER***DEADPOOL 2*** SPOILER***SPOILER

9 hours ago, rjones1325 said:

One of my biggest issues with Deadpool 2 is that there is a point in the movie, right in the second act, where it peaks in hilarity and absurdity. The sequence where all of the X-Force are killed an insanely graphically way that could’ve been taken straight out of “South Park” but leaves you in both shock and laughter to a point that will have you wheezing. 

But here’s the thing: not only is the film unable to make you erupt in laughter as hard as that sequence (until the post credits sequence which might be the best post credit sequence in a comedy movie since the meta end credit sequence in “22 Jump Street”) but they don’t give you enough airtime for you to catch your breath. Because of the film not being able to let you breathe after shelling out joke after joke, you start to feel the film’s length which by any means does not need to be close to two hours.

Here's my full review: http://rendyreviews.com/movies//deadpool-2-review

Great use of the Bunny Eats The Pancake gifs.  :lol:

31 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So this movie references about four dozen other films like could anyone enjoy this without having seen every major tentpole released in the last 10 years? 

tenor.gif?itemid=4693267

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattW said:

I'm tired of the green lantern jokes, other than that very enjoyable.  Is this the first christian movie with a 100m-plus budget?

Also I enjoyed the box office shout out.

Deadpool killed Ryan Reynolds to make sure the Green Lantern jokes stop. Can't make fun of something if it never happened right :ph34r:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chasmmi said:

That feeling when you realise that you sort of accidentally spoiled part of Deadpool in the Summer Game weekly questions without even knowing it at the time...

Aw, damn it. I didn't do this week's questions.  I totally thought the SOTM was for this week.  Oh, well.  Deadpool was gonna kill my game anyway.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, Ranger Tree said:

You're questioning that, in a film where Deadpool goes back in time and kills Ryan Reynolds?

If you are looking for continuity and logic in a Deadpool film, boy are you barking up the wrong tree.

That is big problem with a LOT of comic book fans, they take it so damn seriously they can't laugh at themselves.,,which is a major part   of the Deadpool movies: poking fun at comic book universes.

I am sure the incongruity with the X Men uniforms was very intentional.

10 hours ago, Nova said:

Deadpool killed Ryan Reynolds to make sure the Green Lantern jokes stop. Can't make fun of something if it never happened right :ph34r:

Surely the Green Lantern movie would have happened anyway but with a different actor? Maybe Deadpool should have shot the people who greenlit it or the writers!

Edited by Jonwo

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

This. Most GL fans hated the movie, and poke fun at it at every opportunity.

Exactly, it's fair game really once the studio who made the film take the piss out of it. 

As much as I like superheroes, you can't take it too seriously and you'd have to have no sense of humour to not laugh at the absurdity of the characters when they parodied in things like Robot Chicken. 

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

When he kills himself reading the Green Lantern script, I think I grew two more abs from laughing so hard.

I'm sure I would have done the same but I had watched the David Beckham skit and a talk show with Ryan with the same joke the night before I went.

• Like 1