Jump to content

Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

 

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

 

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers: AIW around 6M (Asgard 2)

Recommended Posts

edit:

 

+48% for Rampage vs +60% last Tuesday.

 

I think Tue bumps will be smaller compared to last Tuesday as Moms used up Sunday for movie watching and they are best at using Disc Tuesday,
 

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Guessing +23% 8.2 for AIW.

But 8.2M is like a 77% jump :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

edit:

 

+48% for Rampage vs +60% last Tuesday.

 

I think Tue bumps will be smaller compared to last Tuesday as Moms used up Sunday for movie watching and they are best at using Disc Tuesday,
 

yeap, smaller bump for everyone 

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

 

Can Rampage get over $100m? Memorial Day weekend is probably it's last good push to accomplish it. That'll look a bit better in the Quarterly shareholders report. 

It's not a flop by Domestic standards but a Disappointment, thankfully Overseas receipts are saving Warners on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Craig said:

Can Rampage get over $100m? Memorial Day weekend is probably it's last good push to accomplish it. That'll look a bit better in the Quarterly shareholders report. 

It's not a flop by Domestic standards but a Disappointment, thankfully Overseas receipts are saving Warners on this one.

 

Overseas isn't saving it.  Overseas is contributing to the overall gross that Warner Brothers had counted on when green-lighting the budget.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, baumer said:

 

Overseas isn't saving it.  Overseas is contributing to the overall gross that Warner Brothers had counted on when green-lighting the budget.

So you are saying Warners counted on this and IF the overseas numbers hadn't come in Warners would have egg on their face?

Edited by Captain Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

So you are saying Warners counted on this and IF the overseas numbers hadn't come in Warners would have egg on their face?

 

I'm saying WB didn't green light the budget with just domestic in mind.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rampage will cross 425 ww as long as it grosses 8 in Japan (releases this weekend).

 

97 dom

155 China

175 OS-C (currently 154 after a 6+ weekend. Should add ~11 more from current OS. 154+11+10 Japan = 175)

= 427

 

97*0.55 + 155*0.25 + 175*0.33

= 53.35 + 38.75 + 57.75

= 150 theatrical revenue on 120 prod budget

 

It's paid for the prod budget and is already paying for P&A.

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A2k Raptor said:

Rampage will cross 425 ww as long as it grosses 8 in Japan (releases this weekend).

 

97 dom

155 China

175 OS-C (currently 154 after a 6+ weekend. Should add ~11 more from current OS. 154+11+10 Japan = 175)

= 427

 

97*0.55 + 155*0.25 + 175*0.33 = 150 theatrical revenue on 120 prod budget

 

It's paid for the prod budget and is already paying for P&A.

Any shot at Warcraft? 433WW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Any shot at Warcraft? 433WW

If Japan does ~15 it can get there with 97 dom. Or if Japan does ~12 then 100 Dom needed. I don't have a good idea of how much it's expected to do in Japan but shouldn't fall below 9-10 imo.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$6m most likely

That would be a +29% bump, in line with last week’s increase.

 

And -44% weekly drop. Still on track for the expected 18M Mon-Thu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd Tuesday comparison 

MV5BOTAzODEzNDAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU1
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
MV5BNWEyNTE0YTEtY2FkMi00MmY3LTg4MWMtODdj
Jurassic World
MV5BNDYxNjQyMjAtNTdiOS00NGYwLWFmNTAtNThm
The Avengers
MV5BMjQ1MzcxNjg4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzgw
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
MV5BMTg1MTY2MjYzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTc4
Black Panther
$7,967,428
-0.7% / -73%
$758,198,252 / 19
$7,474,355
+14.5% / -43.1%
$514,374,125 / 19
$4,917,764
-13.5% / -42%
$468,271,215 / 19
$7,876,574
-44.9% / -71.6%
$539,388,403 / 19
$6,258,583
+32.6% / -38.7%
$512,686,293 / 19
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like this is going to run 5% behind BP for the next two days then probably take a hit from Deadpool2.

 

I'm going to go with a $34m weekend.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Rampage will cross 425 ww as long as it grosses 8 in Japan (releases this weekend).

 

97 dom

155 China

175 OS-C (currently 154 after a 6+ weekend. Should add ~11 more from current OS. 154+11+10 Japan = 175)

= 427

 

97*0.55 + 155*0.25 + 175*0.33

= 53.35 + 38.75 + 57.75

= 150 theatrical revenue on 120 prod budget

 

It's paid for the prod budget and is already paying for P&A.

of course it isn't a flop but profit less than 50 mln isn't enough for sequel.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

3rd Tuesday comparison 

MV5BOTAzODEzNDAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU1
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
MV5BNWEyNTE0YTEtY2FkMi00MmY3LTg4MWMtODdj
Jurassic World
MV5BNDYxNjQyMjAtNTdiOS00NGYwLWFmNTAtNThm
The Avengers
MV5BMjQ1MzcxNjg4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzgw
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
MV5BMTg1MTY2MjYzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTc4
Black Panther
$7,967,428
-0.7% / -73%
$758,198,252 / 19
$7,474,355
+14.5% / -43.1%
$514,374,125 / 19
$4,917,764
-13.5% / -42%
$468,271,215 / 19
$7,876,574
-44.9% / -71.6%
$539,388,403 / 19
$6,258,583
+32.6% / -38.7%
$512,686,293 / 19

Only avengers and BP are similar to this, I don’t  get the comparison with Christmas and summer films. So very close to BP (that has done almost 190 million after) and far above avengers (that did 140 million after) . Seems like 700 million is coming closer, let’s see how it will react to the upcoming competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.