WrathOfHan

Guaranteed to Blow Your Mind: Bohemian Rhapsody Over 200M Domestic Club | WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Everyone was laughing at me for saying that Bohemian Rhapsody will go over 200M DOM. You may think I tossed that out very easily, but I'm not fucking around. Bohemian Rhapsody will be one of the biggest movies of the year, and here's why:

The teaser has people buzzing: After 36 hours on YouTube, Fox's upload already has 6.9M views, and it should be at 9-10M by the end of the week. Those are incredible numbers for a non-franchise movie. Using Straight Outta Compton as a comparison, that had 1.7M views after 2 days. Hell, these are more views than Solo's last trailer and close to its first after two days (7.4M)! I'm not saying this will outgross Solo (yet), but the interest is clearly there. Plus, being attached to Deadpool will raise awareness even more.

Queen is an iconic band with multi-generational appeal: Everyone knows Queen. The band has made so many classic songs that have been passed down from generation to generation, and that will continue to be the case for many years. The PG-13 rating will help bring in teens as well.

Anthony McCarten writes well-received biopics: Regardless of how you feel about them, Darkest Hour and The Theory of Everything were well-received by both critics and audiences. I have a hard time imagining Bohemian Rhapsody not following them. IMO, I hope it's better than TTOE, but with Bryan Singer directing most of the film, that shouldn't be hard.

Competition is low: Bohemian Rhapsody faces very little competition throughout November and early December. Let's take a look at what it faces:

OW: The Nutcracker and whatever Tyler Perry is cooking up are going for different audiences than Bohemian Rhapsody. There will be a tiny bit of overlap, but all three will co-exist fine.

Nov 9: The Grinch has even less overlap with this than The Nutcracker, and The Girl in the Spider's Web isn't going to garner much interest unless reviews are incredibly strong.

Nov 16: Fantastic Beasts and Widows will both impact this (although the latter is a Fox film), but if positive WOM is spreading, it can still manage a strong hold.

Nov 21: Creed 2 is the only competition this has, but that's probably decreasing from the first. Ralph is going for families, and Robin Hood is going for no one. IDK what Universal is doing with Zemeckis' movie, though his box office record as of late isn't very good.

Then you have a host of dumps until December 14. Depending how much its grossing, it could maintain a decent TC over Christmas.

There is the potential for an Oscar re-expansion in January: I'm not expecting this to be a contender for any of the main categories outside of Actor, but that could be enough reason for Fox to re-expand it.

Who wants to live forever?

We Will Rock You (In):

WrathOfHan: 230M

DAJK: 205M

Jay Hollywood

LOGAN'sLuckyRun

MrGlass2

Slambros

Valonqar

YourMother

Another One Bites the Dust (Out):

Jonwo: 150-160M

CoolEric258: 140M

captainwondyful: 125-150M

Cmasterclay: 65M

baumer

filmlover

harrycaul

Ledmonkey96

LonePirate

MCKillswitch123

MrGamer

MrPink

RTH

Sam

StevenG

That One Guy

TombRaider

Zakiyyah6

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

Never doubt han, guys. Remember he was right about infinity war opening weekend.

Edited by YLF
  • Thanks 1

With a Greatest Showman date... maybe, more room to leg it out but it'd be somewhat competitive to Mary Poppins though not as family friendly. Where it is though? I'm going to say no, even if it's good Thanksgiving will cut it's legs off i'd guess.

Just now, YLF said:

Never doubt han, guys. Remember he was right about infinity war opening weekend.

And he was also right about mother! making $140M domestic and having it outgross IT.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

And he was also right about mother! making $140M domestic and having it outgross IT.

I didn't know a baby would be murdered on screen.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

IT murdered a baby too, and they put that in the trailers.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Haha 1

This is going to go as well as Han's prediction that The Post was going to make $200M DOM. :sparta:

Well that is a bold club, and you have convinced me. Although the "low competition" doesn't seem that low...

Still, IN! :ohmygod:

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

WTF spoiler... and who would think that would be a good idea? 

5 minutes ago, YLF said:

WTF spoiler... and who would think that would be a good idea? 

I have no sympathy for those who ignored mother!

Also, that was a great idea :sparta: 

I can’t see this opening higher than Compton, but legs should be good. 

Fuck it, in. 58/205

Just now, MrGamer said:

Are you still going with the $70M opening weekend, Han? 

Somewhere around there. It might be too high based on where I have it finishing, but I see it opening over 60M.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have no sympathy for those who ignored mother!

Also, that was a great idea :sparta: 

Maybe but eating the baby went a little far.

• Thanks 1