CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

7:30 shows at my theater:

Deadpool: 54/78

Book Club: 19/63

Total for Book Club: 31/126

Book Club is in Game Night's range, though that obviously isn't a good comp given how different the demos are. Idk how much a group sale of ten is inflating this either

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Sad 1

A few weeks ago, i was pretty certain with a 150M+ Weekend for this and hoped for a 170M OW, cause thats a nicer number (not as nice as 169, i know, but still).

Realistically, anything above 120M is great for this. Its still a R-Rated Film and as others have pointed out, the first Deadpool's OW was greatly boosted by a number of factors.

The general vibe I'm getting from my theater is that 8 showings was a bit excessive; the 8:15 show only has ten tickets sold for example. Then again, when most other movies aren't selling anything, might as well push this to the max :hahaha: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The general vibe I'm getting from my theater is that 8 showings was a bit excessive; the 8:15 show only has ten tickets sold for example. Then again, when most other movies aren't selling anything, might as well push this to the max :hahaha: 

It's a flop 

:whosad:

Just now, Nova said:

It's a flop 

:whosad:

At the new theater, the PLF show in 25 minutes has only sold 17 tickets :jeb!: (note: i'm not tracking this theater because sales are lighter there due to high prices and one theater is enough to track lmao)

34 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Best part of this weekend will be the stupid kids trying to sneak into Deadpool 2! jjj-laugh.png

SOOOO EXCITED

I’m not ushering this weekend unfortunately :( so I don’t personally get to kick kids out. But one of the managers is away this weekend so I get all her box office/treasury shifts so I get to refuse kids tickets. 

I also get to to argue with the bitchy “I want to speak to your superior” moms

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

SOOOO EXCITED

I’m not ushering this weekend unfortunately :( so I don’t personally get to kick kids out. But one of the managers is away this weekend so I get all her box office/treasury shifts so I get to refuse kids tickets. 

I also get to to argue with the bitchy “I want to speak to your superior” moms

Omg good luck with those moms! 

I remember when the first DP came out, a mom threw a tantrum at one of the managers because of how vulgar the movie was 

:hahaha:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tonight so far:

7:00: 96/113

7:30: 54/78

7:45: 44/78

Total: 194/269

Given there's still 5 more shows, I imagine there's enough juice to hit Ragnarok's total of 336

8:00: 50/78

8:15: 13/78

8:30: 54/78

Total: 311/503

With later shows, it’s passed Ragnarok and JL’s previews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1