CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

4 minutes ago, BardCrank said:

Judging from the trailer , DP2 looks like you can just walk in even if you haven't seen the first one 

need someone who has already watched it to confirm though 

I mean you could. It doesn't rely too heavily on the first imo. The first was just an origin story explaining how he got the way he did. But there are some things in the sequel emotionally speaking that may not resonate with you if you haven't watched the first. 

• Like 1

The first was not really much of an origin story, it was more watch Deadpool do some crazy stuff lol

But as a result, it has appealed to people who would never really watch superhero movies. I did not like it that much but I know a lot of people who never see a DCU or MCU film who loved it. 

I am going 142 million 

TA: 28 million -55%

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just like what happened Wednesday into Thursday at my theater, there's also been an uptick in tickets sold for today/tonight from last night. Which leads me to believe it's not as presales heavy as one would think it would be. 

Im gonna see if the trend continues throughout the weekend though. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

They messed up big time... Black Panther Marvel's 6th highest grosser?? Lol..

Civil War over Iron Man 3?

They specifically say "Worldwide Opening Weekends"

19 minutes ago, Nova said:

I mean you could. It doesn't rely too heavily on the first imo. The first was just an origin story explaining how he got the way he did. But there are some things in the sequel emotionally speaking that may not resonate with you if you haven't watched the first. 

I don't think you need to have seen DP1 but I think watching a bunch of other superhero movies helps a lot with the jokes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

The MCU had conviction from its inception to what it wants to achieve. There was a laid plan and they executed it. The other “shared universes”are cash grabs. Warner releases MOS, it does so-so in the box Office Mojo and then they decide to throw Batman, Wonder Woman and cameos from a gazillion characters to what was initially supposed to be MOS2 . The XCU was supposed to have a reboot with first class, the movie did average to bad at the box office so instead they suddenly bring all the old actors back, create a shitty time travelling story and (despite DOTFP success) render the xcu useless. The monster universes don’t work that well anyway, the concept just isn’t there for them.

This is pretty nonsensical when the literal original cinematic cross-overs were monster cross overs. ((Frankenstein Meets The Wolf-Man & King Kong vs Godzilla))

• Thanks 1

BOP forecast and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-hotel-transylvania-3-summer-vacation-skyscraper/

Hotel Transylvania: 45/155 (OW range of 40-55M)

Skyscraper: 44/128 (OW range of 40-60M)

Solo: 120/330 (-15%) (3 day range of 115-140M and 4 day range of 140-170M)

Action Point: 12/30 (-11/-12%)

Incredibles 2: 115/395 (+5%/-)

Jurassic World: 130/327.5 (-4%)

Adrift: 2,800

Action Point: 2,400

Upgrade: 1,300

Damn, Paramount is dumping Action Point.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

The senior crew is out in force to see this showing of Book Club I am sitting in right now. Of the 60 or so total people here so far, I think there are maybe less than 5 of us who are not receiving Social Security. This thing might hit $20M this weekend judging by the crowd size at this theater.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This is pretty nonsensical when the literal original cinematic cross-overs were monster cross overs. ((Frankenstein Meets The Wolf-Man & King Kong vs Godzilla))

The Conjuring as well. 

• Like 1