CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

good to see the rth range being a little higher. would like to see at least a 35 true friday (53.6 od) compared to DP1's 34.6

18.6 + 35 + 42 (+20%) + 30.5 (-27.5%) = 126.1

4 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I don’t trust anybody but Gitesh for the REAL numbers. He’ll give us our 140/30 weekend. 

Either respect the almighty Rth, or politely leave.

Gitesh is often wrong about many things, as are other analysts :unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, feasby007 said:

Either respect the almighty Rth, or politely leave.

Gitesh is often wrong about many things, as are other analysts :unsure:

It was a joke, a chuckle, a knee slapper.

Everybody knows Gitesh lurks here and just takes RTH’s data with a digit changed.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Is it time for superhero fatigue yet?

$130-140m OW would be still fantastic for a superhero film but I think there is a reason that they schedule superhero films a month apart so they don't eat into each other audiences. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

$140m OW is still fantastic for a superhero film but I think there is a reason that they schedule superhero films a month apart so they don't eat into each other. 

It’s probably missing 140 with this Friday though. It might go under DP1’s opening.

Fox have nobody to blame but themselves. They didn’t put Apes 3 in August and they moved DP2 into an even worse position.

Edited by Mekanos

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

It was a joke, a chuckle, a knee slapper.

Everybody knows Gitesh lurks here and just takes RTH’s data with a digit changed.

Sorry there, wasn't clear enough for me! I thought you were one of the recent haters to join BOT just to shit on people.

my bad :whosad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

It’s probably missing 140 with this Friday though. It might go under DP1’s opening.

Fox have nobody to blame but themselves. They didn’t put Apes 3 in August and they moved DP2 into an even worse position.

TBF to FOX, if they'd known Solo's reactions, they'd kept it in its original slot. I honestly think they thought Disney would move Solo to Christmas.

18 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

$130-140m OW would be still fantastic for a superhero film but I think there is a reason that they schedule superhero films a month apart so they don't eat into each other audiences. 

Both AIW and DP2 are AWFUL numbers, in my opinion. While IW is facing direct competition and it's losing screens, it was bound to a big drop, I didn't expect to be this steep. Only a miracle would make it go over $30m for a sub 50% drop, sincerely doubt it's possible with how bad these numbers are. As much disheartening as the Infinity War numbers are Deadpool 2's numbers. A $52-55m Friday won't allow Deadpool 2 to go over $150m and it's actually likely to go UNDER the first one, like I've predicted yesterday on BOT. I'll 'basically repeat what I've said there yesterday and say this:

I'm not surprised that Deadpool 2 won break out as hard as the first. Film is BRILLIANT, but I think it's plagued with an awful position on the release calendar. If this had an August release date like Vol. 1 and SS, you can BET that this would actually DEFY both Infinity War and Black Panther domestic numbers. It's that fucking brilliant. But Fox did screw up with the release date. I expect Feige to step in just to help Reynolds and his team with the logistics, otherwise Reynolds IS Deadpool and should be allowed to his own corner of the MCU just like Gunn has cosmic to himself.

And for those saying that Deadpool 2 could not possibly get close to $200m, what I have to say it's all about timing: Deadpool 2 could not get close to $200m, yes. But it could go for over $160m if there was more space to breathe between DP2, AIW and BP. But oh well, even when Fox makes a good film they manage to find a way to screw things up anyway, don't they? My prediction for the weekend: $125m dom, BELOW the first film, when it actually deserves to gross well OVER the first one and it COULD, with a better release date.

Edited by ZattMurdock