CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

Why would it follow Ragnarok? Different season for once. And Ragnarok has close to a huge 38% Sat jump from true Friday. Don’t see how DP2 can match that. If anything, GOTG2 would be a more apt comparison.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Why would it follow Ragnarok? Different season for once. And Ragnarok has close to a huge 38% Sat jump from true Friday. Don’t see how DP2 can match that. If anything, GOTG2 would be a more apt comparison.

Even then GOTG 2 also has that Marvel PG-13 Sat bump and it opened earlier in May when not so many colleges were out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sam said:

It’s called wishful thinking.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

After Deadline’s IW nonsense, I’ll stick with 15M, which is still fantastic.

To their credits though, they did nailed the preview numbers for almost all 2017 SH releases, plus Black Panther.

I think IW number was just too big, that uncertainty and margin of error is larger.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Late night shows of DP are definitely dead compared to IW's Thursday but that's not a surprise lol. 

And Bp's. not a lot of sold out shows. It seems to not be selling well in LA. But I think since its R rated it'll do well tomorrow. A lot of colleges are still in school and most date nights to the movies are on the weekends.

4 minutes ago, YLF said:

And Bp's. not a lot of sold out shows. It seems to not be selling well in LA. But I think since its R rated it'll do well tomorrow. A lot of colleges are still in school and most date nights to the movies are on the weekends.

Could be.  Deadline says as of tomorrow 72% of colleges are out - it doesn't say how many are out as of tonight though.

Using Deadpool's share of opening day from previews (which was 26.8%, $12.7M in previews), $15-18 million in previews for Deadpool 2 would make for a $56-67M total Friday gross.

If closer to 30% share (which is around where 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' and 'Thor: Ragnarok' fell, with 15.4M and 14.5M in previews respectively), then we're looking at $50-60M total Friday gross or so.

Of course, it's still really early.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I definitely don't see DP increasing sunday like the first one did

Of course not.  Monday is not a holiday.

• Like 1