CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

I have a feeling that I'll get to roll my eyes every weekend at these over the top doom and gloom proclamations regarding IW perfectly solid drops. I predicted it would drop 49% but early 50's isn't that far off of that so I'm satisfied. It held well against direct 125+mil competition. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Shit, Infinity War is more than likely going to remain in the top 5 on June 8:

1. Ocean's 8: 35M

2. Solo: A Star Wars Story: 20M

3. Hereditary: 15M

4. Deadpool 2: 14M

5. Avengers: Infinity War: 7.5M

None of the June 1 releases are opening over 12-13M, and they'll all probably drop at least 50% the following week. That leaves IW in a good spot, and Hotel Artemis will be lucky to open over 5M.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

None of the June 1 releases are opening over 12-13M, and they'll all probably drop at least 50% the following week. That leaves IW in a good spot, and Hotel Artemis will be lucky to open over 5M.

This happening will be hilarious. I have high doubts Hereditary goes that high tho. It can pull a It Came At Night and open with 6-7M.

Just now, CJohn said:

This happening will be hilarious. I have high doubts Hereditary goes that high tho. It can pull a It Came At Night and open with 6-7M.

It's doing The Witch numbers minimum (9/25). Hereditary won't piss off audiences as much as The Witch or ICAN because it's not slow like the former or lying in its marketing like the latter. It's also the first big horror release in two months, so that alone will get it into the low teens IMO.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Of all recent MCU movies that opened in May, Deapool’s Saturday drop (assuming high end 43) is closest to Civil War 19.32 vs 18.9

Deadpools jump from true Friday (23.9%) is also relatively close to Civil Wars (21.2%). 

Civil War fell 30.7% on Sunday so I think Deadpool will have a fall closer to 30 than to 20. But even with a 20% drop 130m will be barely achieved. So I think 130 is unlikely at this point. 

Dp2 also had a preview to OD multi of 2.86 which is smaller but very close to that of Civil War at 3.02. 

Assuming DP falls 25% on Sunday then it will have an OW of 128.5 and a preview to OW multi of 6.9 vs 7.1 of Civil War. Even their OD to OW multi will be very close with DP2 at 2.41 and CW at 2.39. 

Now CW was one of the most frontloaded MCU movie on its OW and the most frontloaded of all MCU movies in its entire run. Its not a good sign for DP’s legs that it is following CW so closely

Not sure if an r-rated movie has to follow a PG-13 pattern

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's doing The Witch numbers minimum (9/25). Hereditary won't piss off audiences as much as The Witch or ICAN because it's not slow like the former or lying in its marketing like the latter. It's also the first big horror release in two months, so that alone will get it into the low teens IMO.

I honestly know nothing about Hereditary. I haven't even seen a trailer yet. Maybe it can have a run similar to the first Insidious.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Is there a reason MCU has insane Saturday’s all the time?

whole families can and seemingly often enough want to watch it together

edit: :rofl:1 question, 4 answers

Edited by terrestrial
  • Haha 5
  • Disbelief 1

After reading Hereditary’s plot online I really don’t see it breaking out. Way too out there for GA. Im seeing a The Witch esque run for it. I’m looking forward to it though. 

Edited by Rman823

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think Ocean's 8 will do 5-10m more on your prediction. 

40 minutes ago, RRA said:

It is a long gap (blame Sony needing a new Spidey movie in 2019 and Marvel playing ball) but on the bright side Strange made appearances in RAGNAROK and IW (and Avengers 4 Too?) in that meantime. 

It's not a huge deal since the character has appeared on screen in the interim but they really need to hype DS2 nearer release to avoid the curse of first sequels that dipped from the first film after a four year gap like Star Trek Into Darkness and HTTYD2

13 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

In case no one has answered you yet, Marvel brings out the 4-quad family on Sat like Golden Coral/Luby’s lure out the old people with their Early Bird specials. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Not sure if an r-rated movie has to follow a PG-13 pattern

I’m not saying it will, but just pointing out that so far it has followed the drops and multi’s fairly closely

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Excellent question, surprised no one has taken you up on it.

Disney sends the checks in on Friday and they don't come through until Saturday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Disbelief 1

• Founder / Operator
1 hour ago, Sam said:

Always great to see you making an appearance here once in a while, @Shawn

Good analysis. The Star Trek mention brought back memories of your STID over IM3 club lol :P It was great fun time back then though. I miss it.

We don't talk about those things... :gold:

• Haha 6