CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

while Disney’s almighty Avengers: Infinity War is forecast to make around $32M

2 pages in to Deadline’s update and no one has mentioned the casual 48.5% projected IW drop they snuck in the last sentence.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 5

Speaking as someone who vocally found Deadpool 1 pretty annoying and tryhard, I am stunned to say that Deadpool 2 is......pretty great. Not the take I was expecting to give, but oh well! I mean it's still a lil annoying and try hard, too many dick jokes, but man is it funny sometimes, and I'm gonna be honest I think it nailed the emotional stuff better than 9 out of 10 of these movies. 

I no longer have cool, edgy opinions. I'm a straight up casual.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

Of course not.  Monday is not a holiday.

I was thinking Valentines day but that too.... I remember working Boxoffice that Sunday night.... I was by myself. Made almost 9k in sales.

• Astonished 1

Watched Deadpool 2 again tonight and yea it's better the second time around. Not because of the jokes or anything but because I was able to pay attention to the story and stuff more. Sucks it won't make more than the first because it's the superior film. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Watched Deadpool 2 again tonight and yea it's better the second time around. Not because of the jokes or anything but because I was able to pay attention to the story and stuff more. Sucks it won't make more than the first because it's the superior film. 

Why are you already writing it off when we don’t even have Thu preview official estimate lol.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Deadpool 3 is going to be greenlit after DP2's OW.

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Why are you already writing it off when we don’t even have Thu preview official estimate lol.  

Deadline is usually pretty accurate with their Thu preview numbers lol The only cluster fuck was IW but that wasn't their fault. It was cause it was so huge and hard to track. 

Barring some apocalyptic event, this will be the 100th Fox film to pass 100M domestic.

Also the MCU now has more films over 300M domestic than any of the big six studios except Disney itself, which has 25 over that mark. Second place is WB with 11 while the MCU has 12.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

23 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Barring some apocalyptic event, this will be the 100th Fox film to pass 100M domestic.

Also the MCU now has more films over 300M domestic than any of the big six studios except Disney itself, which has 25 over that mark. Second place is WB with 11 while the MCU has 12.

Crazy to think there are basically 8 Iron Man movies over 300M DOM.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Wow, that is mind blowing any way you look at it. The MCU that started without marvel’s big guns (spider man, X-men and even ff4) achieved that in ten years beating freakin WARNER BROTHERS. Unbelievable :ohmygod:

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Is Comcast still in the hunt for FOX? 

Last I heard they put in an all cash bid of $62 billion. Disney’s was $52b cash/stock. If your Murdock you probably take the cash/stock option. You make a huge amount upfront plus millions more from the stock

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, junkshop36 said:

Last I heard they put in an all cash bid of $62 billion. Disney’s was $52b cash/stock. If your Murdock you probably take the cash/stock option. You make a huge amount upfront plus millions more from the stock

They haven’t put it up yet; it all depends what happens with Time Warner/AT&T

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1