CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Also not sure how DP2 would have opened in March when it didn't finish shooting until the end of October/early November 

:sparta:

Well Mission Impossible Rogue Nation managed it somewhat. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's gonna be oh so sweet when IW ends up with the best multi out of itself, DP2, Solo, and JW:sparta:

Biggest OW->largest multi. That’s just science :redcapes:

Just sitting down to see DEADPOOL 2 now. Ready for some good fun!

@Nova your thoughts? I'm sure you've shared them already but I haven't really been around lately.

Edited by JB33

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Checks in on a Saturday..... skims a few pages..... absolute nonsense flowing..... logs off.  

I haven't posted a lot so the nonsense this time isn't coming from me :ph34r:

DP2 was going to make whatever number it makes this weekend +/-10% no matter what weekend it opened.  

FACT!

You know that’s true because I clearly said FACT!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

IW may actually end up with the second best multi of any of the live action big budget summer movies. Doubt it beats Fallout's, but could beat everything else. 

AM&tW baby. July date+Phase 3 quality is a recipe that will propel it to legs above IW or MI:F :) 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Isn't Deadpool a Marvel property? :ph34r:

Don’t you know it doesn’t count since it’s not MCU. In all honesty as a fan of both it’s nice to get a Marvel Studios and Fox Marvel film in close proximity. Especially two great ones. 

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I like Peter Quill and Gamora

Agree. Its what helps make IW work. But good chemistry tends to make you buy make believe relationships. Who woulda thunk it? 

(But yeah "Pepperony" is the elite MCU pairing. Its one of the great spandex movie hook ups alongside Reeve/Kidder and Dunst/Maguire.)

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Just sitting down to see DEADPOOL 2 now. Ready for some good fun!

@Nova your thoughts? I'm sure you've shared them already but I haven't really been around lately.

I enjoyed DP2 more than the first. I thought it was funnier than the first and I actually enjoyed the plot better. It takes about 15 minutes for it to find its footing but once it does, it really takes off imo 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Still bitter about RPO being a hit? :hahaha:

TBH Deadpool 2 probably would have impacted anyway because there's still more competition. Maybe not something like Avengers but competition nonetheless.

If it wasn't for Poppins, Solo would have got December but Memorial Day hasn't worked for Disney for a while so maybe late summer would have better but for some reason, they think Star Wars and Memorial Day is a winning formula which may not be the case this time next week.

He's a bitter Betty about that for sure. He seems to only want Disney movies to succeed, which is weird. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

How is DP 2 doing overseas?

It's decreased slightly in Europe and Australia but it has increased in India and South Korea plus some South American countries that have been reported on 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I enjoyed DP2 more than the first. I thought it was funnier than the first and I actually enjoyed the plot better. It takes about 15 minutes for it to find its footing but once it does, it really takes off imo 

Seeing it in 2.5 hours!! I’m pretty excited, but was kinda bummed I missed out on the 6:45 show tonight

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

So suddenly DP is some sort of bomb?

yeesh, take a stats class. Or a math class people ;) 

Only a few people are acting like Deadpool 2 isn't a hit. It was never outgrossing the first so it looking to not do that isn't shocking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Good stuff!