CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm going to bed early, so let's make it interesting. 

I think it is going to possibly hit $45.5m today.  

That would be good. Hoping it gets there. Thanks for the info! 

11 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm going to bed early, so let's make it interesting. 

I think it is going to possibly hit $45.5m today.  

Well, you succeeded. 45.5 gives it a good chance to beat DP1’s OW.

• Like 1

130-132m OW for Deadpool 2 looks great to me. Basically matching first one OW numbers is dope, people trend to ignore how BIG the first Deadpool already was.

130m OW (lower end)

315m DOM (2.4x multi, very plausible given the weaker than usual MD weekend and next weeks)

405m OS (Solo wont be a big thing OS and WOM looks great,  i think this could get better or equal legs OS than first Deadpool)

720m WW (on a 110m budget, not bad ;))

Edited by picores

Looking at opening weekends for the MCU increasing over their predecessor, I think the two times it happened without an x-factor (Avengers exposure, new characters being added) can be explained by opening (relatively) low. Both Iron Man and GOTG opened sub-100 but had fantastic legs as they were discovered due to WOM. Their openings increased massively because this time audiences were ready to get their next taste. The same will happen to Wonder Woman 2. 

Holiday weekend aside, DP1 opening to over 130M is very rare for a franchise starter, even a popular character among comic book fans. Black Panther 2 will also surely see a decrease when it opens. 

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It is a really early guess, so don't get too excited.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah, night’s not over yet, lots of factors to consider, nothing is final, so on. Still this means that a number in the 43-45 range is much more possible than we would have thought a half hour ago. Could be a photo finish with DP1.    

As always, info is appreciated.

• Like 1