baumer

BSG Movie Trivia worth 20,000 points is up.

I have a feeling Expendables will either stay flat or see a slight decrease. With that in mind I left it off my top 12 (figured it'd be somewhere around 90m by end of game).

I really don't understand this opinion, and most people share your thoughts. But the first one made more than 100 mill and it sold incredibly well on HV, and now you have a bigger cast with bigger names and you guys think it will go down? I don't see it at all. This will be the surprise of the summer.

I really don't understand this opinion, and most people share your thoughts. But the first one made more than 100 mill and it sold incredibly well on HV, and now you have a bigger cast with bigger names and you guys think it will go down? I don't see it at all. This will be the surprise of the summer.

I just think the first had a surprise box office run due to the novelty of all the 80's action stars teaming up, but from what I've heard (outside of diehard fans), the movie wasn't that great. I'm sure you've heard the arguments before but I don't know if it will have the same casual interest as the last one had.

I have The Expendables 2 making around 130M total, so I putted it at 119M DOM total for the game. Bourne Legacy will barely make 110M and Total Recall will fail to crack the 100M mark.

I just think the first had a surprise box office run due to the novelty of all the 80's action stars teaming up, but from what I've heard (outside of diehard fans), the movie wasn't that great. I'm sure you've heard the arguments before but I don't know if it will have the same casual interest as the last one had.

Yes, but here's the thing:Now you have Arnold Bruce and Sly working together. You have JCVD and Norris who will probably fight in this one. The first was like an appetizer. 100 mill was great for it, but it was not the full potential. It's kind of like the first Austin Powers or Twilight...it did ok the first one and then second blew up. I'm expecting the same for this one.....

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will creating a scoring thread similar to the ones that I have made in the past. I will also be participating in the game, but I will be putting only about 20% of the work that I used to put into the weekly questions because of work obligations. I really look forward to playing the game!

The prodigal son returns!!! Talk about the 11th hour. lol

Baumer, I can still create the top 12 excel template, right? I have been busy lately, but I can give it to you by next Monday/Tuesday.

54 players:Here is the breakdown of movies taken:The Dark Knight: 54The Avengers: 54Spiderman: 54Prometheus: 54Brave: 54Men In Black 3: 54Snow White: 53Ice Age 4: 53Madagascar: 44GI Joe 2: 44Bourne: 38Battleship: 24Dark Shadows: 21Rock of Ages: 15Expendables: 6Neighborhood Watch: 4That's My Boy: 4Total Recall: 4Ted: 4Abe Lincoln: 3Dictator: 1Only 6 unanimous films with 2 more close behind.3 or 4 people took The Avengers at number 1, the rest took The Dark Knight Rises.Bourne got a lot more love that I thought it would.Spiderman, for a film that is unanimous in choice, was all over the rankings. Some have it at 3, some in the bottom 6 and everywhere in between.Snow White and Prometheus are all over the place too.I'll do some more analysis later today.

Baumer, I can still create the top 12 excel template, right? I have been busy lately, but I can give it to you by next Monday/Tuesday.

Yes, of course. LA guys is different.

Yes, of course. LA guys is different.

Btw, I forgot to answer the SOTM1 question. Its "Prometheus, 9 days, 210M". If you'd be kind enough to include it. Here's the link:http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/2874-all-of-our-preseason-answers-and-top-12-ww-questions-and-sotm-1-here/page__p__154788#entry154788

54 players:Here is the breakdown of movies taken:The Dark Knight: 54The Avengers: 54Spiderman: 54Prometheus: 54Brave: 54Men In Black 3: 54Snow White: 53Ice Age 4: 53Madagascar: 44GI Joe 2: 44Bourne: 38Battleship: 24Dark Shadows: 21Rock of Ages: 15Espendables: 6Neighborhood Watch: 4That's My Boy: 4Total Recall: 4Ted: 4Abe Lincoln: 3Dictator: 1Only 5 unanimous films with 2 more close behind.3 or 4 people took The Avengers at number 1, the rest took The Dark Knight Rises.Bourne got a lot more love that I thoguht it would.Spiderman, for a film that is unanimous in choioe, was all over the rankings. Some have it at 3, some in the bottom 6 and everywhere in between.Snow White and Prometheus are all over the place too.I'll do some more analysis later today.

If there's 54 players and you didn't have Prometheus in top 12, how can Prometheus be in top 12 54 times?

If there's 54 players and you didn't have Prometheus in top 12, how can Prometheus be in top 12 54 times?

I did your SOTM question for you...it's been added.I added Prometheus at the 11th hour and I took out Battleship. I don't think it will do that well.

• Founder / Operator

Took some interesting avenues with my predictions this year. I'm really hoping Battleship lives down to expectations. Giving Expendables 2 the benefit of my doubts.

• Like 2

I was shocked to see you took Expendables 2. Your number indicates you now think it might end up with about 130 mill. Nice going buddy. :)