baumer

BSG Movie Trivia worth 20,000 points is up.

But TASM won't do even 650M WW? It should do that much OS.

I think it's going to suffer just as much backlash in overseas markets as it will here.

I think it's going to suffer just as much backlash in overseas markets as it will here.

However big the backlash is, I can't imagine a scenario where it does less than Prometheus WW.

• Founder / Operator

I was shocked to see you took Expendables 2. Your number indicates you now think it might end up with about 130 mill. Nice going buddy. :)

It was just hard to ignore the legs of the last one. I'm not in the audience for it, but early marketing for Bourne and Total Recall haven't impressed me. Plus, I think The Campaign will do really well among the young male audience.

I was SHOCKED to see that you don't have TASM in your WW Top-5 , Shawn.

But TASM won't do even 650M WW? It should do that much OS.

However big the backlash is, I can't imagine a scenario where it does less than Prometheus WW.

It was a very calculated risk. :lol:I kept struggling over not having Spidey higher than Prometheus, but I'm betting big on Scott's return to his roots right now. The Alien franchise is quite popular overseas -- even Resurrection did $114 million internationally (70% of its worldwide total) and that was a decade and a half ago with no market expansion. Apes did almost $500m worldwide last year without 3D prices, Scott's name, or an epic scale (which overseas audiences tend to love). I'm looking more at an Inception-lite breakout for Prometheus overseas.As for Spider-Man, the negative rumors I keep hearing are just becoming hard to ignore. Granted, overseas crowds liked SM3 a lot more than domestic ones did...but I don't think it will do more than $400-500 million overseas even with the 3D price advantage. The only way I see it happening is if the film turns out to be very well-received, which seems less and less likely with each passing month.

lol "lives down to expectations".. I hope so too. Sub 100m.

Yup. I think either it or Dark Shadows will miss or struggle to reach $100m right now. Possibly both. Battleship reminds me of 2012: good overseas performance, mediocre domestic performance. Except... 2012 didn't have to face Avengers of MIB3. Poor Universal. :lol: Edited by ShawnMR

Is there a trailer for The Campaign?!?! I trieed to find one, or any info on it besides cast, and didn't find a thing. Originally I had that at #12 with 110-120m, but in the end I went with Rock of Ages. Big musicals like that with all star casts really can't be ignored, as we've learned in the past.

The questions have been up for about 4 weeks though guys. I just think a deadline should be a deadline. This way its fair for everyone.

• Founder / Operator

Did you account for China, Shawn? TASM can do 100M+ there alone.And it will be hard for it to decrease in any Asian market.

Yep. "Can", but not necessarily "will". Like I said, I'm just banking on the film really disappointing in terms of quality *and* Prometheus breaking out. The numbers are secondary to rank in this case. Spidey could hit $700m and I still think Prometheus has a chance to do more. Its basically my one big gamble for the summer.As a side note, Superman Returns and Batman Begins both failed to even reach $400 million. That was six years ago so expansion will certainly help out Spidey, but still, I'd be careful in presuming that TASM is assured to become a huge hit -- especially with such questionable buzz so far.

Is there a trailer for The Campaign?!?! I trieed to find one, or any info on it besides cast, and didn't find a thing. Originally I had that at #12 with 110-120m, but in the end I went with Rock of Ages. Big musicals like that with all star casts really can't be ignored, as we've learned in the past.

Nope, no trailer yet. The first footage was screened a CinemaCon, though. It had a pretty good reaction (comparisons to Horrible Bosses).
  • Like 1

54 players:Here is the breakdown of movies taken:The Dark Knight: 54The Avengers: 54Spiderman: 54Prometheus: 54Brave: 54Men In Black 3: 54Snow White: 53Ice Age 4: 53Madagascar: 44GI Joe 2: 44Bourne: 38Battleship: 24Dark Shadows: 21Rock of Ages: 15Espendables: 6Neighborhood Watch: 4That's My Boy: 4Total Recall: 4Ted: 4Abe Lincoln: 3Dictator: 1Only 5 unanimous films with 2 more close behind.3 or 4 people took The Avengers at number 1, the rest took The Dark Knight Rises.Bourne got a lot more love that I thoguht it would.Spiderman, for a film that is unanimous in choioe, was all over the rankings. Some have it at 3, some in the bottom 6 and everywhere in between.Snow White and Prometheus are all over the place too.I'll do some more analysis later today.

It's SIX B. And I really hope ROCK OF AGES and TBL won't disappoint me. Few chose them.