Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

7 hours ago, Noctis said:

This is why you can't and shouldn't fucking fix anything for shit. 

That's  compliment coming from you.

Just think of how pissed you'd be if they took everything you love about Harry Potter and turned it upside down.

8 hours ago, GirafficPark said:

Its a shame Star Wars has been reduced to such boring old garbage by the GA and noisiest fans. Its such a rich universe with a massive fan driven extended story, and yet the only things the movie watchers want is flaccid reboots and dull characters.

Yea, shame on us for wanting a sequel to pick up where the other story left off.  

19 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Do we still have to pretend that Deadpool 2's box office run is fine and that they didn't screw up their release or 

It's not "fine", it is a great run.

Production Budget: $110 million

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $176,807,352    46.2%
Foreign:  $205,960,031    53.8%

Worldwide:  $382,767,383  

After 8 days, everything is already bonus for FOX.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Yeah. People can talk about TLJ all they want but the real reason Solo flopped is the terrible marketing campaign by Disney. I've said before: it was worse than the John Carter marketing. 

Bad marketing doesn't explain the extremely low trailer views from the beginning. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Worldwide fo Solo ? Try under 400M. OS looks absolutely horrible and JW will end its legs in 10 Days.

what's the os-china range looking like? think china is set for 15-16.

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Bad marketing doesn't explain the extremely low trailer views from the beginning. 

yep, the superbowl trailer numbers were uncomfortably closer to mi6 than jw despite being solo's first trailer (which i think is usually the biggest).

Edited by A2k Raptor

Just now, A2k Raptor said:

what's the os-china range looking like? think china is set for 15-16.

Its entirely possible to go under 175M OS imo. The openings are terrible everywhere and Fallen Kingdom will destroy Solos legs in a few days. Its only hope to go above 200M OS is strong WOM at least for the next weekt to repair some damage but i doubt that will happen.

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Its entirely possible to go under 175M OS imo. The openings are terrible everywhere and Fallen Kingdom will destroy Solos legs in a few days. Its only hope to go above 200M OS is strong WOM at least for the next weekt to repair some damage but i doubt that will happen.

Less than Ron  Howard’s last film Inferno overseas 

Edited by John Marston

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Few days? Isnt it nearly 2 weeks rest of the world and 3 weeks in US. I would think Incredibles 2 will do more damage in 2 weeks.  Looks like for 2 weeks Solo, Deadpool 2, and AIW will stick right where they are.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Less than Rom Howard’s last film Inferno overseas 

That would also be under the overseas gross of Paddington 2, Tomb Raider, Peter Rabbit, Maze Runner 3, Pacific Rim Uprising, and Fifty Shades Freed just to name some smaller films from earlier this year.