Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

all the star wars #boycottsoylo haters with angry youtube channels are forcing themselves to go and see Book Club instead this weekend to teach kathleen kennedy a lesson.

But that’s a movie with four women in the lead! I imagine they’re opting for Show Dogs instead.

Infinity war showed issues with its legs from the second weekend no matter how much people tried to sugarcoat it. For such a huge opening and first week weekdays , it’s second weekend wasn’t anything special and sealed its fate in the u.s before any real competition appeared.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

But that’s a movie with four women in the lead! I imagine they’re opting for Show Dogs instead.

"snowflake Media forces show dogs to cut fondling scenes to appease SJW parents!"

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

why would they now given that the SJW cucks at Global Road cut out the ball fondling scene

liberal pedo hollyweird indoctrinating kids with their dog fondling fetish.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

Come on.

New original Star Wars films will also get hatred from the old school fans of the OT who will never accept new stories.

I have no idea how Kennedy will do this, but making STar Wars films seems like an impossible task.

You want to please the old school fans, but you wanna do something fresh...how the fuck do you do this if the fandom is so stuck in the past?

You cannot tell me that a huge part of shy Solo is underwhelming is the whole "NOT MY HAN!" crap.

The old school fans will die in a few years.

The task should have been to make audiences in the developing markets fond of SW. TFA had that chance and it was wasted. 

Now there is no coming back and the true future is not in this part of the globe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

there was controversy for Show Dogs, proving that any movie will get controversy for the stupidest shit.

I just looked up the controversy.

This controversy makes sense though.  WTF at why they thought it was okay to include that, or even think it up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Infinity war showed issues with its legs from the second weekend no matter how much people tried to sugarcoat it. For such a huge opening and first week weekdays , it’s second weekend wasn’t anything special and sealed its fate in the u.s before any real competition appeared.

Disagree. 55% drop is Damn good for the opening it had. Only now with just a bit of competition it begins to drop like a stone. Shows how much screen space and PLF screens matter these days I guess 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Disagree. 55% drop is Damn good for the opening it had. Only now with just a bit of competition it begins to drop like a stone. Shows how much screen space and PLF screens matter these days I guess 

We are long past the era of may 2007 with 3 100 openers. It's only going to get worse the more crowded the release slate is.

4 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I just looked up the controversy.

This controversy makes sense though.  WTF at why they thought it was okay to include that, or even think it up.

i'm just upset i'm never gonna see the scene!  oh well I guess i'll have to see the ball-less cut of show dogs.

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Deadline bias shows. They act like shills. There's no way this unnecessary movie gets a must-see WOM. 

@GraceRandolph Emilia is no worse actress than any GoT actress. The praise for Lena "Snarl and wine sip" Heady is laughable as is the praise for Sophie "Keanu Emotes Better" Turner and Maisie "Loony Stare" Williams.  They all play these characters as caricatures of what they have been in early seasons, which is still entertaining but far from good. 

Exactly. now you're getting it. Loooootta the actors well known from that show are kinda trash. But they have smart agents who are leveraging the success of that show. As we saw with Joffrey's actor, people can't tell person apart from character so they think they like the actors when they really just like their characters...

Anyway, this is where the real fun starts. Get all of the "gotta see it opening day" viewers out of the way so we can get a real picture of how Solo will do. 

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

I don't know how you come out with the phrase "a bit'. I don't think one of the most successful "R" rate movies in history, combined with a Star War film that can make 90m 3 days OW (despite underwhelming as per its brand) are just a bit of competition, especially since they are in the same action adventure superpower/fantasy genre. Three such movies in a span of 5 weeks will cause major cannibalisation.

Edited by justvision
  • Thanks 1