Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

most successful Game of Thrones actor is Aidan Gillen maybe? 

The most successful people are the ones who came to the show with already pre-established careers (Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Gillen, etc.)

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The most successful people are the ones who came to the show with already pre-established careers (Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Gillen, etc.)

Don't forget Sean Bean.

Speaking of, when was the last time he died?

13 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

We are long past the era of may 2007 with 3 100 openers. It's only going to get worse the more crowded the release slate is.

SM3 had a 2.227 multi off a $100m lower weekend.   AIW at minimum will do a 2.56. 

I'm not sure how that shows how 2018 is harder going than 2007 - even accounting for the disparity in audience reaction.  The movies in 2007 got their legs and openings cut a bit too with compeition.  Just as it happened in 2013 with IM3, STD and FF6. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

SM3 had a 2.227 multi off a $100m lower weekend.   AIW at minimum will do a 2.56. 

I'm not sure how that shows how 2018 is harder going than 2007 - even accounting for the disparity in audience reaction.  The movies in 2007 got their legs and openings cut a bit too with compeition.  Just as it happened in 2013 with IM3, STD and FF6. 

Add to that Infinity War - even adjusted - has a MUCH larger gross than SM3.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

Exactly. now you're getting it. Loooootta the actors well known from that show are kinda trash. But they have smart agents who are leveraging the success of that show. As we saw with Joffrey's actor, people can't tell person apart from character so they think they like the actors when they really just like their characters...

Anyway, this is where the real fun starts. Get all of the "gotta see it opening day" viewers out of the way so we can get a real picture of how Solo will do. 

landscape-1463666220-sophie-turner-x-men

Just now, Pandamia! said:

I hope Maisie Williams can get post-Thrones work, the girl can act

Agreed, though she didnt act that well in Season 7. Mostly has to do with the bad material they gave her, but still.

Just now, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

is deadpool really doing that poorly? And I heard the budget for Solo is "well North of 300m" according to Deadline.

Deadpool's doing what it was always going to do. The audience for it is big, but not gigantic. It's fine.

Deadline says a lot of things.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Agreed, though she didnt act that well in Season 7. Mostly has to do with the bad material they gave her, but still.

She did well, it was just the Littlefinger stuff that was shoddy.

Really looking back, while that season was one of the weaker thrones seasons (still better than season 5, maybe on par with 2), it was still solid overall.  Lots of really great moments, there were just a couple of dumb ones as well (the time jumping isn’t as bad in hindsight.  It was more jarring getting used to going from the slower moving previous seasons)

Just something I've been thinking...

Does Disney even care about box office? I mean like Netflix..it's all about content..so if you can break even in cinema..and video sales..you just got some content for your streaming service for free 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Deadpool's doing what it was always going to do. The audience for it is big, but not gigantic. It's fine.

Deadline says a lot of things.

Deadpool 2 is already profitable so there’s not much to complain about at the end of the day. But as a matter of relativity, it was expected to do more.

2 minutes ago, katsdada said:

Just something I've been thinking...

Does Disney even care about box office? I mean like Netflix..it's all about content..so if you can break even in cinema..and video sales..you just got some content for your streaming service for free 

No, they dont. Since all they want is money, they clearly coudnt care less about how well a movie performs.

Srsly what kind of question is that?

Edited by Brainbug