Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

So I guess I have to eat my words concerning Book Clubs early numbers from Deadline. That's a horrible friday number after a great week. They were right, I was wrong...

Didn't Empire hint at Book Club doing great on friday?

1 minute ago, Jay Beezy said:

Sophie Turner is actually great when you realize she’s not actually Sophie Turner but Karen Gillan. :P

i actually think she's really good in game of thrones (better than some of the more hyped cast members like Clarke at least) but yeah everything else i've seen her in has been... rough.

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Agreed, though she didnt act that well in Season 7. Mostly has to do with the bad material they gave her, but still.

Her best work was with Syrio in Season One.

The level in toxicity in this thread is nasty. In something fun news with Star Wars for the people that just dont want to hate. My family loves Star Wars and we had a blast at Solo. On the way back from my sons second viewing he stopped at McDonald's and the order number on his receipt was "Order# 66".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Gamera said:

Her best work was with Syrio in Season One.

Acting-wise, that and her scenes with Tywin in S2 were the best for me. Though the most compelling/entertaining storyline imo is that with her and The Hound.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Fact: GOT is far from the best show on TV.

not even top 10 but for a lot of people it's like the only show they watch so i get it. don't worry people with no lives like you and me are in the know.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fact: GOT is far from the best show on TV.

Seasons 1-4 were masterpieces. Nearly flawless imo. With Season 5 began the "downfall" into very good-territory and Season 7 was kinda disappointing for me. Im a book nerd though, so that plays a role too.

Consistency-wise, Avatar: The Last Airbender and Breaking Bad are near the top imo. Widening the spectrum outside the US, some Japanese shows like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or (for me) Attack on Titan are also damn near perfect.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Deadline bias shows. They act like shills. There's no way this unnecessary movie gets a must-see WOM. 

@GraceRandolph Emilia is no worse actress than any GoT actress. The praise for Lena "Snarl and wine sip" Heady is laughable as is the praise for Sophie "Keanu Emotes Better" Turner and Maisie "Loony Stare" Williams.  They all play these characters as caricatures of what they have been in early seasons, which is still entertaining but far from good. 

I’ll give you Sophie turner cause she’s terrible as well. But LMFAO at putting Emilia “should retire and work as a clerk” Clarke on the same level as Masie and Lena. They both can convey incredible emotion with just their faces and their line delivery is always on point. Emilia always sounds bored and looks dead. 

This is her face through out the entire GOT series. Looks like she’s thinking about what’s for dinner rather than being a fierce queen sentencing a man to death. giphy.gif

As far as her acting outside GOT goes it’s terrible as well. The only thing moving is her ridiculous eyebrows. 

5a7f7fcf1339ff83f6d03be8419356c7.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Hi guys... Sorry about last night. Let's not talk about it.

is deadpool really doing that poorly? And I heard the budget for Solo is "well North of 300m" according to Deadline.

deadline has beensuper weird about solo the past week or so, do i wouldnt really trust them right now. 

You guys really need to clean up this website for mobile. Hot garbage

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Seasons 1-4 were masterpieces. Nearly flawless imo. With Season 5 began the "downfall" into very good-territory and Season 7 was kinda disappointing for me. Im a book nerd though, so that plays a role too.

Consistency-wise, Avatar: The Last Airbender and Breaking Bad are near the top imo. Widening the spectrum outside the US, some Japanese shows like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or (for me) Attack on Titan are also damn near perfect.

The show went downhill big time in Season 5, and alhough it’s gotten better, I don’t really care about it anymore. Hell, I haven’t even watched last season’s finale

51 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Infinity war showed issues with its legs from the second weekend no matter how much people tried to sugarcoat it. For such a huge opening and first week weekdays , it’s second weekend wasn’t anything special and sealed its fate in the u.s before any real competition appeared.

This is true. I mean it had 3 weeks before Deadpool.  For such a huge opening it should have reached 600 million with 3 weekends. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The show went downhill big time in Season 5, and alhough it’s gotten better, I don’t really care about it anymore. Hell, I haven’t even watched last season’s finale

Its no coincidence that Season 5 was the season where Benioff & Weiß began to really go seperate ways with the original material by GRRM. Im not saying the books are perfect, they have their own flaws, but some decisions in Season 5-7 were...unfortunate.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

season 5 was kinda lame, season 6 was great i thought but then season 7 was kinda lame again. 

btw i've said it a million times but Mad Men deserves to be in any conversation for most consistent show. also Always Sunny a sitcom 12 seasons deep that can still deliver some of their funniest episodes deserves a lot of credit too.

• Like 3

Just now, Brainbug said:

Its no coincidence that Season 5 was the season where Benioff & Weiß began to really go seperate ways with the original material by GRRM. Im not saying the books are perfect, they habe their own flaws, but some decisions in Season 5-7 were...unfortunate.

Attack on Titan is lame! FMA:B is amazing though.