Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’ll give you Sophie turner cause she’s terrible as well. But LMFAO at putting Emilia “should retire and work as a clerk” Clarke on the same level as Masie and Lena. They both can convey incredible emotion with just their faces and their line delivery is always on point. Emilia always sounds bored and looks dead. 

This is her face through out the entire GOT series. Looks like she’s thinking about what’s for dinner rather than being a fierce queen sentencing a man to death. giphy.gif

As far as her acting outside GOT goes it’s terrible as well. The only thing moving is her ridiculous eyebrows. 

5a7f7fcf1339ff83f6d03be8419356c7.gif

There's a particular dichotomy I've noticed between actors and actresses who are rather flat. I've noticed a fair number actresses who give flat performances but actually have rather charming real life personalities. Emilia I've seen is one of those. Whereas male actors who give flat performances come off as rather douchey, i.e. Jai Courtney or Junior Eastwood.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Based on that, I'm thinking:

Fri: $35.6M

Sat: $22.6-24.7M (+5-15% from Friday minus previews)

Sun: $20.7-23.4M (-8% to -5% drop)

OW: $78.9-83.7M

Based on my experience viewing the film last night, I'm expecting it to be near the middle range there, so $80M might be touch-and-go for the 3-day.

1 minute ago, Mr Impossible said:

Just a horrid weekend. Solo is a big disappointment, DP2 had a nasty drop and IW is suffering another 50% drop. The Book Club is holding well at least. :) 

AIW is going to drop ~43% this weekend. A very good hold IMO. It's 4 day is going to be close to 21M which is pretty good. 675M is still alive.

• Like 3

Just now, oMeriMombatti said:

AIW is going to drop ~43% this weekend. A very good hold IMO. It's 4 day is going to be close to 21M which is pretty good. 675M is still alive.

Whoops I was just going off what’s Deadline was saying. 

7 minutes ago, bladels said:

Some good news at last. A healthy increase.

Wonder if it can increase 75% on Sat again

If there is one thing we have learned or relearned in past 4 weeks, don't write off a MCU movie weekend till its Saturday numbers come out.

7 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Just a horrid weekend. Solo is a big disappointment, DP2 had a nasty drop and IW is suffering another 50% drop. The Book Club is holding well at least. :) 

How does IW getting a 42% drop on Friday from last weekend result in it getting a 50% drop on the weekend?  Given that it would have an inflated Sunday, wouldn't a sub 40% drop would be possible?

6 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Thought this was gonna be another May 2007 where all 3 films would thrive. Now it looks like they're all hurting one another. With Solo getting it the worst.

I made the comparison last night but it wouldn't surprise me if this summer ends playing out similar to 2012, where Avengers blew up out the gate and instead of indicating things to come, the rest of the season was filled with movies that either barely met expectations or severely underperformed/flopped, with very few surprise hits sprinkled in.

5 minutes ago, bladels said:

Some good news at last. A healthy increase.

Wonder if it can increase 75% on Sat again

Saturdays during Memorial Day Weekend don't increase that high.   The most I think it could do would match AoU's 54.7% increase, which is the highest for an MCU during this weekend.

7 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Thought this was gonna be another May 2007 where all 3 films would thrive. Now it looks like they're all hurting one another. With Solo getting it the worst.

It is 2007 though. Each of the films in 2007 was hurt by the others (and their own bad word of Mouth) Shrek 3 got hit like Deadpool2 on memorial weekend but Pirates couldnt even out gross the 2nd one with a holiday weekend (129ish for the 3day counting previews versus DMCs 136). 

I have stated for a long time that this may was going to be a redux and not in a good way. Of course I wasnt expecting SOLO to have such Meh want to see. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I made the comparison last night but it wouldn't surprise me if this summer ends playing out similar to 2012, where Avengers blew up out the gate and instead of indicating things to come, the rest of the season was filled with movies that either barely met expectations or severely underperformed/flopped, with very few surprise hits sprinkled in.

Yup, its 2012 and 2014 all over again, only without the quality of 2014.