Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Waiting for more concrete estimates isn't so laughable now person who found my comment hilarious yesterday. It's not an insult against Asgard to wait and see. Period.

Anyway, that's an expected bad number for Solo.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Based on that, I'm thinking:

Fri: $35.6M

Sat: $22.6-24.7M (+5-15% from Friday minus previews)

Sun: $20.7-23.4M (-8% to -5% drop)

OW: $78.9-83.7M

Based on my experience viewing the film last night, I'm expecting it to be near the middle range there, so $80M might be touch-and-go for the 3-day.

It should comfortably do 80M 3-day, but 100M 4-day is gonna be real close.

Fri: 35.6M

Sat: 25M

Sun: 23.5M

Mon: 18M

102M 4-Day. Would require extraordinary legs to reach even 250M.

Decent for deadpool. 55M 4-Day and 2.5x multiplier thereafter for 300M finish.

Good hold for IW, no doubt helped by Solo tanking. 22M 4-day and 2.75x multiplier thereafter for 665M finish. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Waiting for more concrete estimates isn't so laughable now person who found my comment hilarious yesterday. It's not an insult against Asgard to wait and see. Period.

Anyway, that's an expected bad number for Solo.

No, what was hilarious was that you spent all day wildly going off very low early estimates and how it spelled doooooooom.

Then as soon as a higher one came in, "Oh, I'll wait for concrete numbers."

Still laughable behavior.

2 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

No, what was hilarious was that you spent all day wildly going off very low early estimates and how it spelled doooooooom.

Then as soon as a higher one came in, "Oh, I'll wait for concrete numbers."

Still laughable behavior.

I didn't believe Deadline's estimates either. Continue to stay butt hurt about Flop Solo though.

Disney last 3 Memorial Day releases :-

1) 2017 - POTC5 - Budget - 230M, B.O - 794M, DOM - 172M, OS - 622M

2) 2016 - ATLG - Budget - 170M, B.O - 299M, DOM - 77M, OS - 222M

3) 2015 - Tomorrowland - Budget - 190M, B.O - 209M, DOM - 93M, OS - 116M

POTC5 even though considered under-performer domestically did gangbusters overseas. Both the other movies bombed hard and Solo doesn't look like it'll be much different.

I really want Aladdin to do well next year. It is one of my favorite animations and I loved the cartoon series too. Hope it bucks the trend of recent Disney Memorial day releases and does well domestically too.

43 minutes ago, Ocho said:

But unlike JL......Solo is actually a good movie. 

I think audiences in the aggregate thought JL was fun, messy, and skippable.  Sounds like Solo to me.

We're only arguing over small percentages of reaction either way, they both fall into this category from a GA standpoint.

27 minutes ago, nevermore said:

:sparta:

Man i feel smug and I have to say it.....sorry sw fans not everything can be MARVEL . Oh and if we want to be technical civil war won 2016 (yes that....flop that signaled marvel fatigue for some people) not rogue one , there’s a whole world outside the U.S of A.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, REC said:

I think audiences in the aggregate thought JL was fun, messy, and skippable.  Sounds like Solo to me.

We're only arguing over small percentages of reaction either way, they both fall into this category from a GA standpoint.

It's exactly like Solo. Solo is the JL of the new Star Wars universe. The reviews were much better than JL but then again TLJ had great reviews and a lot of people didn't like it so that doesn't matter.

• Thanks 1

Solo's 4 Day OW in U.K and Germany is going to be 65% of TFA OD. Solo's DOM performance is obviously bad but it's OS performance is shocking. It's going to do less than Peter Rabbit , PRU, Tomb Raider and Maze Runner 3 OS.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

M-Day is a disaster for Disney, anyone predicting great numbers for Aladdin WANTS to be wrong.

Nooooo   I want Aladdin do be good and do great numbers

12 hours ago, Chad Stevens said:

Pacing? It was non-stop action..... did you really see it?  

Yes. I really did see it. Spare me the condescension. I found the action sequences tedious and boring. Never felt a sense of danger. They were the boringness parts of the movie. Did you see the movie??