Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

32 minutes ago, bladels said:

Some good news at last. A healthy increase.

Wonder if it can increase 75% on Sat again

Memorial Day weekend spread out the gross more so I think 75% Sat jump is not very feasible. But I can see it having the best Sat jump in the Top 5 with +50% or more.

And Sunday won’t drop more than 10% so it’ll balance things out. 22M 4-day IMO. Pretty solid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Solo

WTF happened to A Quiet Place? Even with that TC loss that's a fucking horrendous increase :gold: 

It got cut down to one show at night at a lot of places around here.

Just now, Alli said:

What numbers are we expecting for Aladdin next year on this weekend?

looking at the past few memorial weekend openers i definitely think the number 6 is gonna be in there somewhere.

Just now, filmlover said:

Too early to say aside from "not as big as Beauty and the Beast '17 or The Lion King opening two months after it."

I think it got lots of potential. I expect at least 110M weekend.

18 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

No, what was hilarious was that you spent all day wildly going off very low early estimates and how it spelled doooooooom.

Then as soon as a higher one came in, "Oh, I'll wait for concrete numbers."

Still laughable behavior.

So 40M would not have been a terrible OD for a mega-budget Star Wars movie? It was still doooooom even on the highest end of Rth's numbers. We're allowed to have some fun with the (very rare) big #brand ultra-flop, cmon

• Like 8

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I actually like the cast, besides for the pointless white guy, but Guy Richie as director was a big mistake. 

If they do a copy of the original as BATB did, the director doesn't matter

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

So 40M would not have been a terrible OD for a mega-budget Star Wars movie? It was still doooooom even on the highest end of Rth's numbers. We're allowed to have some fun with the (very rare) big #brand ultra-flop, cmon

Sure, but what happened was the $40M came in and the doomspiralers suddenly went to "OMG! Too soon to judge! Wait for real numbers!"

Just now, Chewy said:

One of Disney' big tentpoles in that 3 month span is flopping and Aladdin seems like the more obvious call, maybe Dumbo

Dumbo will do average, but Aladdin won't flop. I won't allow it!

10 minutes ago, Fake said:

It should comfortably do 80M 3-day, but 100M 4-day is gonna be real close.

Fri: 35.6M

Sat: 25M

Sun: 23.5M

Mon: 18M

102M 4-Day. Would require extraordinary legs to reach even 250M.

Decent for deadpool. 55M 4-Day and 2.5x multiplier thereafter for 300M finish.

Good hold for IW, no doubt helped by Solo tanking. 22M 4-day and 2.75x multiplier thereafter for 665M finish. 

It's shocking to me that Solo might not even get 100m for a 4 day OW.  That 80m for 3 days is possible, and it might not even get that.  I'm still stunned quite honestly.  Maybe it gets above those numbers, just the fact that the expectations are way, way below that 170m OW initial estimate is beyond nuts.

I think IW legs will surprise everyone, just a bit.  DP2 has its audience played out, and Solo is no threat to anything or anyone.  Theaters will be looking to get it out as fast as they possibly can.  IW will be at 625 Dom by monday, I would put its final number closer to 675-680.  Maybe higher.  Again just a bit of overperformance, not much.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-12-at-10.55.17-AM.jp

(Solo cast the wrong GOT actor)

The only thing IW has to worry about now is when Chris Pratt competes with himself in JW2.  Pratts everywhere.

• Astonished 1