Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

N/A delete

Edited by Hunch

You're telling me a Guy Richie Aladdin movie ain't working???

Edited by Gopher
  • Haha 2

Just now, Gopher said:

You're telling me a Guy Richie Aladdin movie isn't working???

Their first mistake was allowing Ritchie to make a movie and not allowing him to go full Ritchie

I don't disagree with the notion that potential Star Wars fatigue has probably kicked in though. No matter what franchise you are, four movies in less than three years is overkill, and these aren't the MCU films where some are obviously different beasts from the others.

5 minutes ago, bladels said:

This would work wonder if wasn't for Avatar 2

Star Wars needs a break after TLJ and Solo

TLK would do insane number with holiday spot

I don't believe Avatar 2 will actually go without one more year delay, so that's why I think it would work. 

Just now, That One Guy said:

Their first mistake was allowing Ritchie to make a movie and not allowing him to go full Ritchie

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

waiting for people on here saying that's a terrible score and laughable 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chad Stevens said:

Same score as the prequels

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

Same score as the prequels

there ya go, have to find something negative. Good job

Lion King does seem like the perfect kind of movie for a December slot but it should make mad money no matter when it comes out.

3 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

I mean its certainly not the A that Infinity War got :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

From the spoilers and reactions I've read, it doesn't sound to me that Solo is the type of movie that has anything in it that will really rub anyone the wrong way. Rather it sounds like it's pretty affable but just kind of there. Neither memorable in a way you recommend to someone or a way that you don't. If true, that will not translate well to legs. 

36 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I agree that TLK would be huge in December but that's going to be a monster regardless if it turns out to be good. The cast and trailers are going to make major headlines.

Out of Disneys lineup next year, Dumbo, Toy Story 4 (WHY) and Frozen 2 look like the biggest let downs. 

Aladdin will really depend on how well it's handled. If they get the tone of the adventure right and don't Guy Ritchie it up too much, it could be huge.

Avengers 4 is going to be an absolute monster.

'cause it will make a billion or so...

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Lion King does seem like the perfect kind of movie for a December slot but it should make mad money no matter when it comes out.

I would get behind the 600+ predictions full force and consider the 700 ones if it moved to December. The potential is gigantic for it there. Where it is though, still think 450-500. 

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Oh yeah, it's gonna do damage next summer. I just looked at the schedule and saw that the only things scheduled for next July are the Spider-Man sequel and Top Gun 2 (is this actually still happening?).

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Oh yeah, it's gonna do damage next summer. I just looked at the schedule and saw that the only things scheduled for next July are the Spider-Man sequel and Top Gun 2 (is this actually still happening?).

There's the F&F spin-off in August too.

People are dooming-and-glooming over Aladdin's potential at the box office because it might be an awful film?

Was Beauty and the Beast anything but an awful, soulless copy-and-paste of the original?

Did that stop it from grossing a billion dollars?

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Except there's a solid $1.1b+ worth of family targeted films releasing in May and June. It's simply too much in a two month span, and there will be family film fatigue by the time TLK hits. Not enough to stop it from being big, but definitely enough to stop these 600+ numbers. 

Not to mention, how do we know backlash/fatigue for the Disney live action remakes franchise won't have set in by then given Dumbo and Aladdin hitting so soon before TLK? Especially if Aladdin is hated. 

Edited by MovieMan89