Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

CinemaScore is usually a measure of whether a movie lived up to expectations or delivered on what was promised. Their biggest stories are when a film gets an A+ grade (or you get an F like mother! did, though that movie was never going to get anything but an F from an unsuspecting opening night audience).

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Easy paycheck after back-to-back flops (The Man from U.N.C.L.E. and King Arthur).

He not asking why Ritchie did the picture, but why Disney hired him to do it, particularly after Kind Arthur showed his inability to do fantasy successfully. And he has never done a musical.

I just wish Ritchie would go back to doing crime thrillers, which he is really good at.

• Like 1

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Oh, so it’s medium crumbling. The most boring timeline.      

Meh number for DP2.    

Insanely good for IW though :) 

Thats a terrible number for DP2 

Give it another weekend or two and IW will be higher than it 

The last memorable Memorial Day weekend was 5 years ago.

I remember reaidng that Fast & Furious 6 was going to open on-par with its predecessor. 

Hangover 3 was expected to do north of $50-$60’million ow and do anywhere from $150-$170 million to even $190-$200 million on other sources. 

Well.. we know how that weekend turned out :ohmygod: 

• Like 1

So much for that 170mil 4 day that it was tracking to do 3 weeks ago...

I kinda HATE the breathlessly reported tracking articles. It's started to feel like nothing more than PR to me.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Is it shocking that Deadpool is front loaded? It's not exactly a family film. I still haven't seen it yet because I'm lazy but I'm hearing good but doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything. 

It's looking to drop 65-70% which goes beyond just being front loaded.