Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

Wait Solo flat on sunday? 

Why would you keep being so optimistic if every update shows you that it is not picking up?

just in case Solo goes up over 25 on Saturday.  

Edited by Thematrixfilm

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Despite Solo flopping and Deadpool falling like a rock, this year (largely thanks to BP/IW ofc) is still pacing 8% ahead of last year at the year-to-date box office and it will only get better when the Incredbiles/JW combo is unleashead:

2018 $4,697.0 - +7.9% +10.0% +13.1% +18.2% +23.4%
2017 $4,353.6 -7.3% - +2.0% +4.8% +9.6% +14.4%
2016 $4,269.3 -9.1% -1.9% - +2.8% +7.5% +12.1%
2015 $4,153.9 -11.6% -4.6% -2.7% - +4.6% +9.1%

So overall, the DOM box office is doing really, really well.

Having the BO so far propped up 26% by back to back entries in a franchise is really bonkers.

• Like 1

Just now, Thematrixfilm said:

just in case Solo goes up on Saturday.  

Woudn't you rather under predict than over? But I hope you are right.

I woud say (still prety optimistic) 5% sun drop and 18% monday drop. That would give 104m 4-day. 

That would be drops as good as POTC5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deathlife said:

Agreed 100%.

I'm not a DCEU fan but let's not pretend that folks here didn't dance in the failure of JL and the disappointment of BvS. It was even worse with the Sony Spider-man movie verse.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong to be rooting for a movie's success or failure but we can't act like some franchises (like Star Wars) are above the banter.  What's good for the goose....

BvS was terrible though. I'm glad that one came crashing down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Woudn't you rather under predict than over? But I hope you are right.

I woud say (still prety optimistic) 5% sun drop and 18% monday drop. That would give 104m 4-day. 

That would be drops as good as POTC5.

Very optimistic. 

Solo is opening below $100M for the 4-day weekend. 

2 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Very optimistic. 

Solo is opening below $100M for the 4-day weekend. 

I do expect it to come in at 99m-101m, probably above 100m, Disney can fudge it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lab276 said:

lol

Don't take it from me, just ask Disney's bean-counters at the moment. Solo's annihilation at the DOM and OS box-office has more to do with the TLJ fallout than Solo's inherent qualities. 

I like how people still think Deadpool 2 has a shot for $300M after those horrible drops

This movie will have the worst legs for a superhero movie since BvS It will be lucky to reach $250M-$260M :bravo:   Fox

Edited by RealLyre

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Phil Lord and Chris Miller were so lucky to get fired from Solo and get their names scrubbed from the movie.

They need to mail a gift basket to Kennedy.

Not quite. They are still being trashed in the press as being unprofessional and untalented. I'd be pretty pissed off if I were them. They'll survive though. They'll direct another live action hit and make people forget the nastiness.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

2 minutes ago, lab276 said:

BvS was terrible though. I'm glad that one came crashing down.

For you. For millions of other fans it was great. Hell this movie in top 50 Blu-ray Sales of all time.

Damn, poor Solo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Phil Lord and Chris Miller were so lucky to get fired from Solo and get their names scrubbed from the movie.

They need to mail a gift basket to Kennedy.

Bitter sweet for them really. Its the best SW movie since Empire, and they have to be responsible for a large part of that. The undeserved criticism and the BO failure is something they luckily avoid I hope.