Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Trailer views dont matter they said...

Reduced buzz wont matter they said....

A pointless plot wont matter they said...

It wil appeal to family audiences they said....

TLJ had no impact on SW OT fanbase they said...

OT fans are not required to make this a hit they said...

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Did people really think these things? 

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Wait, you’re still allowed to post in this thread!?     

Weekend’s almost over man, how is this possible?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Word of mouth for this is very good right now. All the fan sites, blogs and forums are buzzing. Even the GA reaction seems to be great. If ever there was evidence that the RT audience score has been poisoned by trolls and bots its this.

we have seen very very different word of mouth. there are people who loved it but most people think it was just ok. overall maybe its positive but nobody's telling anyone "you HAVE to see this movie," which is basically what it needs in order to not fall on its face at this point

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

It took 41 years but we finally have a Star Wars movie that flopped.

Remarkable isn't it? 

Even AOTC, a film rightly derided and ridiculed by just about everyone managed a more than respectable (for Star Wars epic standards) of $302M in 2002 which translates into $421M in today's money. Solo isn't doing half that amount. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/

Good place to start

That's a terrible place to start.

fan subreddits are an echo chamber where all negative thoughts get downvoted.

I've had perfectly reasonable posts obliterated. An example would be posting on /r/dbz that I thought Dragon Ball Super was overall disappointing for reasons A, B and C. I got killed.

reddit sucks

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, dcmos said:

For you. For millions of other fans it was great. Hell this movie in top 50 Blu-ray Sales of all time.

Damn, poor Solo.

Probably because they were selling a different, longer and pretty much better cut of the movie in BR than the one that was released in theaters. I'm sure there were millions of fans that thought it was great, but the fact is that there's just as many, if not a lot more, that found it.... not great. And it absolutely took a toll on the DC franchise, similarly to how TLJ took a toll on the Star Wars brand. So discussing the idea that many, many fans loved a film that turned out to be clearly divisive and damaging to its series...... sure, it can be true, but it doesn't change the negative outcomes either way.

Personally, I didn't care much about BVS myself, but hey, that's all down to individual subjectivity.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

Disney just needs to STOP releasing movies over Memorial Day Weekend. That date is freaking cursed, yo.

Find a way to trick WB into releasing DCEU movies over that weekend, and Disney is good to go.
Venom.png

Edited by Mojoguy

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

That's a terrible place to start.

fan subreddits are an echo chamber where all negative thoughts get downvoted.

I've had perfectly reasonable posts obliterated. An example would be posting on /r/dbz that I thought Dragon Ball Super was overall disappointing for reasons A, B and C. I got killed.

reddit sucks

Except they generally disliked TLJ and criticism of TFA is common. Of all the fan sites the subreddit is pretty level headed.

1 minute ago, nevermore said:

Reading this you'd think Solo is greatest movie ever made. It certainly doesn't represent the GA

Agree posting a subreddit of fans is not a good representation (love your avatar too :) ) 

1 minute ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

Agree posting a subreddit of fans is not a good representation (love your avatar too :) ) 

Did I not say FAN reaction was positive? Where else do you find fan reactions other than a fan site?

Cinemascore has it at A-.

Edited by GirafficPark

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

Did I not say FAN reaction was positive? Where else do you find fan reactions other than a fan site?

subreddits seem quite extreme though to one point or another I think they don't represent the public very well or the average normal fan