Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

17 minutes ago, REC said:

The takeaway ought to be build on your fanbase, don’t shit on it.

Various people at Lucasfilm, Rian, JJ etc, have openly mocked and taunted the SW fans.  Various statements made in interviews or off-the-cuff social media made by them have helped to poison this well.  The fanbase didn’t wake up one day and decide to arbitrarily hate Star Wars, the recent batch of creators and leaders have caused this to happen.

Yeah the megafans are about as crazy as a bag of cats.  You still need to treat them with respect and guide them the right way.  If you don’t show up for them, they may not show up for you next time.

i hope this puts to rest this idea that Star Wars is indestructible and fans always show up.  Clearly they always have and that is true, until it’s not.  Things are different now and Lucasfilm needs to acknowledge this new reality if they want to navigate it.

I agree with this actually, its just a shame that the one really good film they made is the one that suffered. Solo is the one that deserves a $2B WW gross, not that horrible ep7 abortion.

Edited by GirafficPark
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

I wasnt interested in Solo either. I feel like if it had been released when RO was it would have grossed at least as much, if not more.

That’s kinda stating the obvious.  The Star Wars brand wasn’t permanently damaged during that time.  

• Like 1

I think the difference between me and some others on here is that I take no joy in this failure. Some here seem to absolutely relish it. Its thoroughly undeserved, which isnt like the DCEU situation which is completely deserved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

Someone should start A Quiet Place > Solo club. It won’t beat Solo, but it won’t be that far off.

... especially OS.

And AQP will at least make money, and unlike Solo actually create more movies.

Just now, REC said:

Someone should start A Quiet Place > Solo club. It won’t beat Solo, but it won’t be that far off.

... especially OS.

And AQP will at least make money, and unlike Solo actually create more movies.

Well AQP does have more trailer views.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

That’s kinda stating the obvious.  The Star Wars brand wasn’t permanently damaged during that time.  

Star Wars will live on long after you have stopped trolling Internet forums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

I think the difference between me and some others on here is that I take no joy in this failure. Some here seem to absolutely relish it. Its thoroughly undeserved, which isnt like the DCEU situation which is completely deserved.

Everyone loves to see those at the top take a fall.

See: all the hatred directed at Avatar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Which is still kinda ironic, isnt it? Its the mega fans who rush on OD to see a new SW film and its also in large part the "mega-fans" who hate TLJ. So that CinemaScore doesnt really make sense if one thinks about it. If anything, it shows that polling such a score in only a small amount of theaters makes it not much better than any other purely anecdotical evidence.

Or the ones that really didnt like it were a very vocal minority

Here’s my problem with the listening to the fanbase solution. What’s the biggest complaints with TFA and TLJ? The former it’s “too much rehashing of previous stuff.” The latter its “too different.” 

Fans many times don’t know what they want it’s so fractured, catering to one segment risks alienating others. DCEU currently has that problem where a large enough (and very very vocal) group *loved* the Snyder stuff but to say the least the next few movies by design aren’t exactly built to appeal to them and who knows if instead they’ll sit at home when Aquaman or Shazam comes.

Edited by RRA

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Not when they are actually delivering though. Avatar gets hate because it gave us the 3D era, which no one really wanted.

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It helps when the people at the top are condescending and dismissive jerks

Now the question is am I talking about Avatar, or Star Wars?

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Not when they are actually delivering though. Avatar gets hate because it gave us the 3D era, which no one really wanted.

Avatar became the highest grossing film of all time, nothing has even managed to come close in over a decade... I'd say it delivered.

• Like 2