Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

7 minutes ago, RRA said:

Here’s my problem with the listening to the fanbase solution. What’s the biggest complaints with TFA and TLJ? The former it’s “too much rehashing of precious stuff.” The latter its “too different.” 

Fans many times don’t know what they want it’s so fractured, catering to one segment risks alienating others. DCEU currently has that problem where a large enough (and very very vocal) group *loved* the Snyder stuff but to say the least the next few movies by design aren’t exactly built to appeal to them and who knows if instead they’ll sit at home when Aquaman or Shazam comes.

1*62sGHvOE0c2_fIKYTqX7LQ.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Star Wars will live on long after you have stopped trolling Internet forums.

I wouldnt call opening with 100M living. As for the original triology - sure the old generation might enjoy those but barring that it has always disappointed and failed to expand. Star Wars will never be the franchise that the fans want. This is the second time that they are failing (first time being the prequels).  Rest in piece. 

Edited by GraceRandolph

The thing about TLJ was that it was liked by many, the issue I have is why do so many people not understand that a lot of non-racists, non-sexist people had serious issues with the film.

because if I am those things, why did myself and all my friends and family enjoy RO and TFA???

I think it leads to a fanbase so hardly divided now, its going to cost LF 100s of millions in revenue long term. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nevermore said:

OS numbers are terrible, but not entirely surprising. Solo is full of fanservice that wouldn't connect with people that didn't grow up with this.

It's doing very poorly in "core" markets though, like France and UK

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Avatar became the highest grossing film of all time, nothing has even managed to come close in over a decade... I'd say it delivered.

I didnt say it didnt, just that people dont like the 3D it started. I fully expect AV2 to do huge numbers.

Regarding DH2's box office, I'm not at all sad that it didn't reach 1b OS, it's the second worst film in the series and it's a travesty that it did so well when POA did relatively not as well. PS should be the highest grossing one, as it's the most iconic.

Only person I feel sorry for is Alden Ehrenreich since his "breakout role" has turned out to be such a bust. I've liked him in previous stuff and liked his performance in Solo despite the suspension of disbelief that he'll eventually become Harrison Ford.

Just now, GirafficPark said:

I didnt say it didnt, just that people dont like the 3D it started. I fully expect AV2 to do huge numbers.

That wasn't really the fault of Avatar though, if you look at how many films actually did the 3D to the level of Avatar they are few and far between.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Everyone loves to see those at the top take a fall.

See: all the hatred directed at Avatar.

Star Wars hasn’t been on top since 2015. Other than TFA - MCU has been stomping on it. 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

"Making films for the benefit of the fanbase should never happen, as cinema is art"

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $609,449,638    33.0%
Foreign:  $1,239,700,000    67.0%

Worldwide:  $1,849,149,638  
:hahaha:

Heaps better ratio

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $698,249,242    51.9%
Foreign:  $646,036,999    48.1%

Worldwide:  $1,344,286,241  

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I stole it from someone on here. It's so amazing that I have to use it.

:apocalypse:

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Star Wars hasn’t been on top since 2015. Other than TFA - MCU has been stomping on it. 

Huh, JC has been on top since 1998