Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Hard to enjoy those student hi-jinks knowing he and everyone else on that planet are blown to smithereens by Vader. 

But no hard feelings - it's heartwarming to know Vader can butcher 4 yr olds, commit genocide and blow up a planet or two and still get invited to the Ghost Jamboree with his kids and ewoks.

Luke: "There's good in him, I sense it"

Leia *silently recalls her planet being blown up* *nods*

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Luke: "There's good in him, I sense it"

Leia *silently recalls her planet being blown up* *nods*

I wonder how many years of therapy it took for her to get over her father blowing up her home planet. 

Just now, MrGamer said:

I wonder how many years of therapy it took for her to get over her father blowing up her home planet. 

Idk man she made out with her brother a couple months later

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

Well technically her home planet was that random asteroid rock, and her real planetary citizenship should have been Tatooine + Naboo.

Edited by Hunch

4 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

The contrast in the reactions to Deadline's early report of $15M for Solo compared to their early prediction of $15M for Deadpool 2 is funny.

One was an R rated comic book movie with good reviews and one is a PG: 13 rated film with so-so reviews and is apart of a series with notoriously front loaded Thursdays. So of course the reactions are different. Plus, the range is 13-15mil. It could do under 13mil for all we know, it's too early to say. Plus Rogue One did 29mil Thursday and this is only doing around half that at best.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

What are some basic Leia facts that can be turned into set pieces? Definitely some sort of nerf herder chase scene

1. Side Buns: Their Origin

2. Leia learns bras can strangle you in space (or maybe just learns George a perve)

I already use these jokes last week but they're all I've got about younger teen Leia.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hunch said:

Well technically her home planet was that asteroid rock, and her real planetary citizenship should have been Tatooine + Naboo.

Starting sentences with “well technically” and using words like “prolefeed”, you will certainly go far. 

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

One was an R rated comic book movie with good reviews and one is a PG: 13 rated film with so-so reviews and is apart of a series with notoriously front loaded Thursdays. So of course the reactions are different. Plus, the range is 13-15mil. It could do under 13mil for all we know, it's too early to say. Plus Rogue One did 29mil Thursday and this is only doing around half that at best.

Not to mention DP2 cost 140m less than Solo

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nova said:

It doesn't help that reviews for the movie were put out ten days beforehand and when they came out they weren't exactly enthusiastic. So there was no hype to build off of them for those ten days. Couple that with them being overshadowed by another blockbuster movie coming out the week before it which happened to get better reviews than folks were expecting. 

But this is all on Disney imo and has very little to do with Rotten Tomatoes. Sure that critics consensus is a backhanded compliment (if that) but it doesnt change the fact that the trailers for Solo just didnt hit it out of the park and the marketing was dull and in some markets outright nonexistent. It's almost as if Disney was anticipating this to underperform and thus stopped caring. 

Ah yeah. Deadpool 2 review embargo lifted Monday night before release. For a mega blockbuster, that was such a bad sign. :ph34r::P:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Starting sentences with “well technically” and using words like “prolefeed”, you will certainly go far. 

I don't know how else to ask you this...

Are you mad?

Edited by Hunch