Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Home coming was a family friendly movie. Deadpool is R-rated. It’s not comparable. It’s over for Deadpool! 

3 hours ago, TMP said:

If X-Force sees a similar drop-off, I could actually see Disney not wanting to continue Reynolds' Deadpool. They already have so many far more successful franchises, plus I'm sure that they'd want to put in all their effort into rebooting F4 and X-Men, and it'd be a hassle inserting this character into the already established MCU. So X-Force could be, in a way, his swan song as the character.

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

Yea it's not going above $260M-270M

$100M+ drop off from the sequel 

Deadpool is a toxic franchise now, Disney better reboot it and recast if they want it to start getting good numbers again.

These are the kinds of posts that make this place annoying at times.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, Sam said:

Lol it’s not a good weekend drop for DP2 but whatever the total is, it’ll be a good and respectable gross.

Considering the floppage of Solo that is going on right now, it’s weird that some people have meltdowns over DP2 doing fine numbers. 

Since when are 66% drops fine numbers for superhero movies? 

This is on par with SS and BvS

3 minutes ago, Eastwood47 said:

If that makes you feel better about your Star Wars movie bombing. DP2 will be profitable. Solo? Tax write off. I guess it makes for good click bait on your Youtube channel. 

Wow you see right through me. I’m really scorned by Solo killing the entire Star Wars franchise.  :whosad:

1 minute ago, NYer4Life said:

Hmm I’m not sure what these movies are trying to suggest?

Quoting movies where the highest grossing weekend movie record holder is already 11 years old just shows how toxic this weekend has been the past decade.

I’d suggest taking a quick look at the Disney flops that have been released over this weekend specifically and try to focus on why that is, and if it might just be this weekend being a factor.

I’ll echo again that a $24 million Saturday gross is pretty awful and is only possible because of the way Memorial Day weekend is set up.

I’m not going to ignore this pattern and Disney has decided on releasing Aladdin on a weekend with an unnecessary disadvantage. I’ll be the first to be happily surprised if Aladdin is the movie that breaks this Memorial Day curse. But going forward I’ll always temper any box office performance for a movie released on this weekend in the future. 

The Disney movies that were released over Memorial Day weekend this past decade (Prince of Persia, Tomorrowland, Alice 2, Pirates 5, Solo) would've tanked or underperformed regardless of release date. If the product isn't appealing, people aren't gonna show up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

Since when are 66% drops fine numbers for superhero movies? 

This is on par with SS and BvS

You obviously didn't read the post, did you?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the firing squad have a busy day of executions today. ryan reynolds, kathleen kennedy, alden ehrenreich, rian johnson

I'd blame Fox more than anyone else for DP2's underperformance. Ryan did his job (good acting and the movie was well received. So nothing wrong with his performance/writing)

DP2 had a bad release date

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

It’s the bullshit we have to endure from Americans that think that progressive thinking is having a gay character in a film, while not giving a shit about social security and the treating of the poor for example.

I had the same problem when trying to explain how black panther would do great overseas and people WOULDNT GIVE A SHIT if it has many black actors or not just if it was a great movie with Americans in this forum insisting that it would flop overseas because of its non-cultural status for overseas movie goers. 

Wakandans put Americans in place, wiped the floor with the American usurper king. OS markets relate to that big time. It's a total Yass Queen Slay movie like when ID4 blew up the White House and got cheers from OS audience. :sparta:

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

That's not why I said he's a troll.  Saying that DP probably won't make 300 million is fine and a rational thing to say.  Saying "Deadpool" is dead is a straight up troll comment.  

Yeah he is a bit excessive, Deadpool is not dead, the movie will be a big hit and even if Disney gets the fox characters they should keep the Deadpool franchise as it is, the character doesnt have potential as a straight MCU franchise esp. when marvel will have its hands full with franchises that have the potential to be billion dollar franchises like ff4 and the X-men . Even so that grace prandolph character, through his trolling ways, speaks the truth most of the time, at least in my opinion but hey i have been accused of being a troll (for...infinity war of all films :hahaha:) so I can sympathize.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

Paramount is back in business baby.

At least until next week when Action Point flops. do we know the budget for that one?

Action Point looks like it was made for a Blumhouse level budget, but I haven't seen anything official.

• Thanks 1

http://deadline.com/2018/05/solo-a-star-wars-weekend-box-office-1202397848/

83M 3 day, 101M 4 day for Solo

3rd Update Sunday AM:  Disney’s Solo: A Star Wars Story is crashing unfortunately with early morning industry estimates showing a three-day around $83.3M and possible four-day hopefully just over $101M. Disney will file their figures soon and we’ll update our report accordingly. The Solo stateside B.O. experience is reminiscent of Justice League, another fan movie that many had high hopes for heading into its weekend, only to see the film collapse.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1