Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

350/750. I can easily see both happening unless China is 250+ huge for it. Then maybe add another 50 OS. 

:hahaha::hahaha:

DOM wont go under 400M, unless reception is truly horrendous. China alone can easily contribute 300M+. Thats 700M on the low end right there.

I dont see any scenario where Fallen Kingdom fails ro reach at least 1,2B worldwide. 1,4B+ is much more likely, especially with good reception.

This aint SW or DC comics. This is Jurassic Park.

• Like 3

Just now, LonePirate said:

You may find out soon. With two lesser properties on the schedule in the next five months, I'd say it is likely, if not highly probable, one or both films bomb.

Ant-Man and the Wasp will do fine, Venom is a Marvel property that has nothing to do with the MCU.

1 hour ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Return of the Jedi's started with $67M (and $88.7M for the 4-Day) despite opening on a Wednesday!

If one uses the first seven Days:

1. TFA: $411.5M

2. TLJ: $296M

3. RotS: $273.5M

4. RO: $231.3M

5. TPM: $224.9M

6. AotC: $212.6M

7. RotJ: $131.8M

8. Solo: $120M

. ANH (SE): $92.8M

. ESB (SE): $54M

. RotJ (SE): $39.9M

9. ESB: $32.7M

. TPM (3D): $29.9M

10. ANH: ~$8.5M (highest week $50.1M (week #9))

On 26.5.2018 at 12:13 PM, Taruseth said:

With a 36.5M Friday with the same drops it would be as followed:

Previews: 14.1M

T Friday: 22.4M

Saturday: 25M (+11.7%) (-31.5%)

Sunday: 23.125M (-7.5%) (84.625M 3-D-OW)

Monday: 18.75M  (-18.9%) (103.375M 4-D-OW)

Tuesday: 8.1M (-56.8%)

Wednesday: 5M (-38.3%)

Thursday: 4.1M (-18%) (120.575M OW)

(I used PotC 5 as comparison so I think Thursday hold might be better as WW isn't opening)

And that would mean a total of 200m (2.363x) to 240M (2.836x)

Estimates:

24.7 (+14.9%)

23 (-6.7%) ($83.3M)

If that Sunday holds it should get above $100M for the four day.

5 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

but dont we hate them for wanting to kill the people we love? 

For all the deep themes the film has, the film has some prequel level logic at times. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8486419

Did she say to not hate them ? Not sure to follow here, the focus on killing the enemy so you protect you brother in arm mentality is a common one in many army.

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I wonder what it would take for a Marvel movie to bomb the way Solo is bombing. 

even a Hawkguy solo could still beat Solo on half the budget with a smartly positioned IM cameo.

• Haha 4

Just now, Brainbug said:

:hahaha::hahaha:

DOM wont go under 400M, unless reception is truly horrendous. China alone can easily contribute 300M+. Thats 700M on the low end right there.

I dont see any scenario where Fallen Kingdom fails ro reach at least 1,2B worldwide. 1,4B+ is much more likely, especially with good reception.

This aint SW or DC comics. This is Jurassic Park.

You really think JP is a more infallible franchise than SW? Wow. Ok then. 

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

You may find out soon. With two lesser properties on the schedule in the next five months, I'd say it is likely, if not highly probable, one or both films bomb.

What, Venom? I mean MCU movies. Ant-Man And The Wasp will be fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well that last sentence was a joke because of Solo. I still believe Episode IX will be huge.

But yeah, JP is in a very good spot right now. People love dinosaurs. And if the movie is good, they will come in droves.

Edited by Brainbug

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Force Awakens huge domestic overperformance hid the fact the Star Wars franchise is a non entity in the young latin american and asian markets.

Huge blindpsot of the franchise. 

OS was big too 1B with out China. But that was mainly due to UK, Ger, Japan, France and Australia

its funny because the writing was on the wall with the pre-sale numbers but people kept making excuses. It'll be strong with walk ups! its a family film! knowing that star wars is not the MCU and is the inverse of how those films operate. SW typically has strong pre-sales and weaker walk-ups. This movie exemplified that.

Edited by YLF
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

JP doesn't have that many crazy fans who can spread the bad WOM.  The general audience is more easily pleased

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

not to mention that had a great start os (eventually 580) and it's prod budget was less than 200.

Yep. If anything, Solo's performance increases the credit that FB should be getting by a lot.

As I previously said, If no one in the world asked for a Han Solo prequel then no one in the whole universe asked for a Newt Scamander one. (Actually even most Potterheads didn't know who he was)...

And yet Solo looks like it may not make 0.5FB worldwilde.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Antman and Captain Marvel will do way less than Ragnarok and Black Panther, sure. But actual bombs seem unlikely.