Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Making a Hawkeye solo movie probably wouldn't help them at all. I think he's the least interesting character in that universe and I don't think enough people care about him.  If it's a prequel, that's even worse.

I have no idea about a Black Widow movie. I dig the idea but at the same time I don't. I don't know if Widow alone can hold a full movie. 

Widow can be made on 100 million easily so it can turn a profit just fine. I'm personally not that interested in the character though.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

No, Solo proves the point. As I already stated, up until this very weekend SW had been the infallible franchises among all franchises for over 40 years. Now it just failed. You can't tell me that JP is a more reliable franchise than SW prior to Solo. So you should see how it's entirely possible for FK to drop huge with the lack of hype there's been. 

Any franchise can potentially freefall, thats certainly right. And its still possible that FK gets awful reception though its very unlikely judging from the early reactions from Spain.

And ive said this numerous times, Jurassic Park as a franchise isnt hype-driven like Marvel, SW and Co. It doesnt need online hype because the whole GA is its fanbase. And if they like it, we will see massive grosses.

6 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Antman and Captain Marvel will do way less than Ragnarok and Black Panther, sure. But actual bombs seem unlikely.

Unless Captain Marvel and Venom swapped release dates, you're overlooking the most likely of Marvel's movies to bomb this year.

AIW is 95 away from 2B after a 32.5 os weekend and 16.5 dom weekend (3-day)

16.5*2.5 = 41.25 more for 663 dom

32.5*1.5 = 48.75 more for 1332 os

gives 90 more for 1995 ww (663 + 1332).

2B still very likely imo. JW2 next week and then world cup will hit it but have only used 1.5x the weekend OS.

Just now, A2k Raptor said:

AIW is 95 away from 2B after a 32.5 os weekend and 16.5 dom weekend (3-day)

16.5*2.5 = 41.25 more for 663 dom

32.5*1.5 = 48.75 more for 1332 os

gives 90 more for 1995 ww (663 + 1332).

2B still very likely imo. JW2 next week and then world cup will hit it but have only used 1.5x the weekend OS.

Would be hilarious, cause thats the exact worldwide gross from The Last jedi.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

When you realize any one of the three Maze Runner movies, which you’ve been stanning for since 8th grade, will gross more (overseas at least) than a Star Wars movie

Maze Runner 3 definitely deserved to not be dumped before Superbowl weekend

and the director of those movies absolutely should be given a big blockbuster or even a Star Wars movie. He knows how to create a large scale feel, great action, good shots all on modest budgets of 34-62m. Unfortunately those aren't really trendy movies so I doubt he will be considered. 

• Thanks 2

Y’all are too much with the thread title.

83M OW off of 14M previews is 5.88x internal multiplier. Easily the best out of the 4 recent Star Wars. 

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I could easily see a huge domestic drop for JW but I think it will hold up overseas really well.

JW has the advantage of being the only big blockbuster in June as everyone is avoiding it due to the World Cup so even if it drops OS which it will, it should do relatively well. 

16 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

You may find out soon. With two lesser properties on the schedule in the next five months, I'd say it is likely, if not highly probable, one or both films bomb.

Image result for nope gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Before the trailer came out, i predicted under 700M worldwide for FB2. However, if they are smart and cram as much Harry Potter in this one as possible (Hogwarts/Dumbledore and Co.), it should be able to reach the first ones numbers or maybe could surpass them. The castle alone is such a big selling point.

I am cautiously optimistic. Not sure about an increase but over 700m feels safe.

I just feel that 

a.)The reception to the first teaser is better than the reception to anything released during the first one's marketing campaign

b.)The first one was more liked than people are giving it credit for

c.)Dumbledore and Hogwarts are huge hooks that people underestimate

We shall see. Hoping for a good movie, first and foremost.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

You may find out soon. With two lesser properties on the schedule in the next five months, I'd say it is likely, if not highly probable, one or both films bomb.

Maybe Venom has a shot, but there is 0 chance Ant-Man 2 bombs. Zero.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

Is there a reason the World Cup is such a big deal now for movies? I don't recall studios emptying out June as much in previous years to avoid it.

It's the most watched event in the world after the Olympics. Doesn't it kinda make sense that it will have some impact?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

1.2-1.3B is my gut feeling for Fallen Kingdom. 350-400M DOM, 800-900M OS. If there's anything these last few months have taught us, franchise sequels can fall fast.

Except Marvel. :sparta:

In hindsight, AOU's drop from Avengers was fucking amazing. These franchises wish they had that much retention for their sequels.

• Like 7