Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Litio said:

I said """I can not remember the last time a big brand movie failed at this level."""

I mean in history of the box office. I do not remember a movie from another big franchise that made those awful numbers. This failure will foul the image of the franchise.

The history of the box office is longer than your memory. ;)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

People are talking about Solo and rightfully so but I'm actually interested in seeing how Fox handles X-Force. Deadpool 2 saw a massive decline from the first but it's still profitable because it's budget isn't too high compared to other CBM. I'm wondering if Fox was planning to give X-Force a bigger budget that they change their mind now seeing the results from DP2. If they're smart they would otherwise that movie won't be as profitable as they originally thought it would be. 

In terms of solo films, I do wonder if DP2 underperforming relative to the first gives Kevin Feige and Iger an out to not use the character when the Disney merger occurs :thinking:

I don’t see X-Force needing to be that much more expensive than DP2, especially if it’s staying R-rated. Unless they plan on adding Robert Downey Jr to the line up. 

Either way, these are still the most successful X-Men films by far. Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are going to be bigger problems. 

• Like 1

This obviously is not going to fall on Howard. The movie was going to do what it did regardless of who directed it.

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

People are talking about Solo and rightfully so but I'm actually interested in seeing how Fox handles X-Force. Deadpool 2 saw a massive decline from the first but it's still profitable because it's budget isn't too high compared to other CBM. I'm wondering if Fox was planning to give X-Force a bigger budget that they change their mind now seeing the results from DP2. If they're smart they would otherwise that movie won't be as profitable as they originally thought it would be. 

In terms of solo films, I do wonder if DP2 underperforming relative to the first gives Kevin Feige and Iger an out to not use the character when the Disney merger occurs :thinking:

I think 21th Century Fox would want to cheap the fuck out of X-Force, and I'm honestly still not sure if X-Force is the right way to go right now. I want Deadpool 3 instead of X-Force, and I'm not even sure if I want Deadpool as an X-Force member, let alone leader. 

As for Feige and Iger usage of Reynolds Deadpool once the merge occurs: RELAX. Reynolds Deadpool isn't going anywhere else BUT the MCU. Deadpool 2 is a great film plagued with a bad release date. I'm sure that both Feige and Iger can obviously tell that. 

6 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Disney bullied that one trade out of a Last Jedi screening because they were reporting unethical practices at Disneyland, right? Until they relented due to bad press. Still, I imagine these trades want to stay on Disney's good side as much as possible.

That's some shady shit.

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Wow Iron Man 3 sure made a lot of money for a flop! 

Re-read my post and the post I quoted.

Bad/divisive  /=  flop or a bomb

Quality /= huge hit

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

I'm sure Howard is a stand up dude who's great to have a beer with, but he hasn't exactly been James Cameron this decade even excepting this movie. I loved Rush, but that's his one good film and none of the rest have been hits either.

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

I don’t see X-Force needing to be that much more expensive than DP2, especially if it’s staying R-rated. Unless they plan on adding Robert Downey Jr to the line up. 

Either way, these are still the most successful X-Men films by far. Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are going to be bigger problems. 

Who would have thought that Fox's R-rated CBM would be their most successful 5 years ago 

:sparta:

But low key I dont trust Fox if they're too involved in the making of the movie. From my understanding it's not the same team behind Deadpool that's doing X-Force so I can see them throwing a shit ton of money at the movie and the people behind X-Force accepting it which imo would be a recipe for disaster as the reason why these R-rated films are successful is cause their budgets are lowered 

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

This obviously is not going to fall on Howard. The movie was going to do what it did regardless of who directed it.

He's a successful director with a hugely successful production company, he's going to be fine and he likely has his next film lined up already. 

I imagine Disney will make sure this doesn't happen again, I imagine Indiana Jones is safe because of Spielberg's involvement and the fact it's likely Harrison Ford's last film as Indy so people will see that no matter what.

I think it would be good for SW to take a break after Episode IX, maybe 2-3 years then relaunch with Obi-Wan.