Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

14 hours ago, grim22 said:

It's only flopping in China, Korea, Hong Kong, France, Germany, Russia and Italy so far. Lot of the world left. Wonder how the Australian numbers will look @DeeCee

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I don’t want to look.  

17 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

Image result for these are not the numbers your looking for

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

But Iron Man was very well received, not hated. Godzilla legs were so bad they were a running gag on here until a certain other big branded movie out-did them

And Idk how novel a vs movie is anymore, especially if Godzilla 2 is Godzilla fighting a bunch of monsters

Well that is true. They don't have a IM. Avengers still did double of previous highest movie in mcu both ww and dom due to concept. Kong is special among monsters. 

I am not giving any big avengers-esque increase. Gotg2 level. Around $300m-$350m. WW, I am thinking $800m tho.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Even with Godzilla 2 having him (her?) fighting other monsters, there is a definite audience hook in King Kong vs Godzilla. The other monsters are not as well known to the GA outside the kaiju fandom. Kong vs Zilla otoh should interest people who normally have no interest in monster movies.

Yea I mean it's possible, guess we'll see. Just surprised to see that franchise earmarked for a big increase after the reception of the first one. But I haven't paid tons of attention to the sequel so I'm sorta speaking blindly here

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

And Idk how novel a vs movie is anymore, especially if Godzilla 2 is Godzilla fighting a bunch of monsters

Speaking as a Godzilla fan, I'm actually much more excited to see him fight King Ghidorah than Kong. Not to mention Godzilla 2 also has Mothra and Rodan in it. Not sure what Godzilla vs Kong will add to top that.

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yea I mean it's possible, guess we'll see. Just surprised to see that franchise earmarked for a big increase after the reception of the first one. But I haven't paid tons of attention to the sequel so I'm sorta speaking blindly here

Again, I highly doubt Godzilla 2 is increasing. GvK over Godzilla 1 though? Yes, so long as G2 delivers. 

5 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

The sad thing for the Kennedy haters is all they have is a film for the franchise that's underperforming. It's not going to have any of the effects they want it to have. Her job is secure. The anthology films continue. They just have a lost film.

I mean, no one's job is totally secure. Only Lucas's was back when he owned Star Wars. If Episode IX makes, say, under $400m, then her head will definitely roll. 

2 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

The sad thing for the Kennedy haters is all they have is a film for the franchise that's underperforming. It's not going to have any of the effects they want it to have. Her job is secure. The anthology films continue. They just have a lost film.

I don't hate Kathleen Kennedy. I respect that she is a woman on top in a deeply sexist industry. I am disappointed that the only directors that are allowed to direct Star Wars movies are white men so she doesn't pay her success forward with regards to other talented women and that she doesn't want to move the franchise forward but I don't hate her. I do think it's sloppy for her to have so many issues with the directors that she chooses but that's not a killing blow. She can get things back on track if she opens her mind in the right way. Maybe talk to Kevin Feige? Here's hoping. 

1 minute ago, Premium George said:

Those OS numbers are much more concerning  for whole star wars franchise. I am right now very sure that epi. IX will decrease OS from VIII. 

Also i am seeing only one loonie right now. Where are others, where's the entertainment?

LordManDeep is asleep I am sure.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

MODERATION:

The sale is now live. Get a Gold Account for 10$ a month/120$ a year at a 33% discount; or get a Premium Account for 5$ a month/60$ a year at a 50% discount.

You want to have enough likes to give out as the numbers come in. You have read this thread and know how entertaining it can be, so encourage other users to continue their shitposting and help the site stay open.

Go here to order

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/store

I wish I had a job :( 

I quit my last one.

Can I get a job here? I'd make a great mod!

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

MODERATION:

The sale is now live. Get a Gold Account for 10$ a month/120$ a year at a 33% discount; or get a Premium Account for 5$ a month/60$ a year at a 50% discount.

You want to have enough likes to give out as the numbers come in. You have read this thread and know how entertaining it can be, so encourage other users to continue their shitposting and help the site stay open.

Go here to order

If I had the money I would get a premium account.

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

MODERATION:

Go here to order

If I had the money I would not get a premium account.