Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's cheaper. lol 

I don't know the difference. 

Well I'm a gal who deserves the best! When I get a job I'm gonna get the fanciest account there is! Then I can post all the nonsensical bullshit I want and mods won't delete it no more! I'll be untouchable!

That's how it works right?

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

MODERATION:

The sale is now live. Get a Gold Account for 10$ a month/120$ a year at a 33% discount; or get a Premium Account for 5$ a month/60$ a year at a 50% discount.

You want to have enough likes to give out as the numbers come in. You have read this thread and know how entertaining it can be, so encourage other users to continue their shitposting and help the site stay open.

Go here to order

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/store

'Tis about time I give a little something to the forums. If I order a certain quantity of the monthly rate, does that give me "X" amount of months of that account type in a row? Or would it be accidentally tripling my monthly rate, for example, if I ordered "3" of an account in the quantity field? I'm a little confused because of how it displays the price once I choose the quantity and add to cart.

Thanks.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

I will say again for my optimistic prediction again, the preview number will freak people out leading to things like sub-$200m domestic????? questions but the numbers throughout the weekend will make it come in much better than the Thursday number would indicate.  

• Like 7
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I will say again for my optimistic prediction again, the preview number will freak people out leading to things like sub-$200m domestic????? questions but the numbers throughout the weekend will make it come in much better than the Thursday number would indicate.  

No. 

19 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't hate Kathleen Kennedy. I respect that she is a woman on top in a deeply sexist industry. I am disappointed that the only directors that are allowed to direct Star Wars movies are white men so she doesn't pay her success forward with regards to other talented women and that she doesn't want to move the franchise forward but I don't hate her. I do think it's sloppy for her to have so many issues with the directors that she chooses but that's not a killing blow. She can get things back on track if she opens her mind in the right way. Maybe talk to Kevin Feige? Here's hoping. 

Ava DuVernay should direct the next Star Wars trilogy, and then the franchise can truly be run into the ground. 

5 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

'Tis about time I give a little something to the forums. If I order a certain quantity of the monthly rate, does that give me "X" amount of months of that account type in a row? Or would it be accidentally tripling my monthly rate, for example, if I ordered "3" of an account in the quantity field? I'm a little confused because of how it displays the price once I choose the quantity and add to cart.

Thanks.

Peace,

Mike

I'm not exactly sure, tagging @Water Bottle for more details

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it works out that way. It could play more like a family film since it's about a fan favorite from 40 years ago. But I won't completely buy into that until I actually see it.

Only one person said under 200mil. Nobody with any experience following the box office believes that it will go that low. I'll believe great legs when I see them though. I don't rule anything out but I'm predicting the legs to be merely decent but nothing groundbreaking. People always claim that an M-day release is going to have great family legs and it almost never happens. But of course rules are made to be broken.

I think the biggest factor against this is that people associate Han Solo with Harrison Ford too much. He's not a blank slate like Spider-Man or James Bond that can be recast. He's more like Jack Sparrow, forever tied to Johnny Depp.

Marvel will run into this issue when they try to reboot Iron Man.

Edited by Hunch

Just now, Rebelscum said:

100% the fault of TLJ that is for sure. Who is to blame for that? Up to opinion.

Well, I for one did not have any big problems with TLJ and will be there on the premier for Episode IX.

Have absolutely no interest in Solo though. Got enough of the SW spin-offs after Rogue One.

• Like 1