Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

4 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I watched it yesterday with my cousin and his family over. They had never seen Avatar before. They don't watch many movies. Even on my relatively small 42 inch ancient wall-mounted TV, the story, the universe... they were spellbound by it, and stayed up 2 hours past their normal bedtime to finish the movie, rather than finish it the next day like they usually would. They were talking about for an hour afterwards and will definitely be watching the sequel in theaters.

That's why the floor for Avatar 2 is $3B.

oh boy [/khaled] another one.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The most annoying backlash to me is the Avatar one. Just because James Cameron has his entire head up his ass and his fans are the most annoying wankers alive folks gotta act like the movie isn't neat

I don't mind you calling me a wanker I'll brush it off but Jim doesn't have his head up his ass, what are you on about?

Bad Samaritan was playing at 48 locations for its third week going into this weekend.  No estimates have been reported, but at 3.435 million, it most likely covers the low budget thriller aspects but not the marketing process.  It did out gross Thouroughbreds, but Unsane and Strangers: Prey at Night seemed to be the profitable winners for horror thriller. 

Edited by Thematrixfilm

44 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The Last Jedi will hurt Episode 9. Still think under a billion has a 50/50 shot of happening. Disney has their work cut out for them because the film has not even a faint hook due to Carrie Fisher's untimely passing. Not that Leia alone would have given it a massive hook to begin with.

Oh under a billion for sure.  To get there it would need at least mediocre/average OS performance, and no reason to think that will happen.  Combined with an even slightly depressed US turnout (say its down 10-15% as they have lost the biggest fans) probably looking at 8-900m WW at best.

35 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I know it may seem like a joke, but SW Youtubers do have a lot of influence on the fanbase. 

and they get a lot more views by ranting rather than by praising.   That's just the YT model

I actually think TLJs haters should think of it as a necessary evil at this point. With all the pointless, redundant plot threads from TFA being junked in TLJ EP9 has a chance of being a coherent finale. If TLJ has addressed them, or ignored them you would have still had a messy movie, with EP9 having to deal with the leftovers. At least now the story is more focused.

whether one believes that TLJ soured the audience on Solo or not, TLJ critics have won a battle. We are now hearing all kinds of ridiculous spins (it's frequency, it's Cursed Memorial Day) but the fact is that TLJ critics won the narrative. LF and Disney would be fools not to look into it instead of just putting the blame on everyone but those who made the movies and approved them.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LF and Disney would be fools not to look into it instead of just putting the blame on everyone but those who made the movies and approved them.

Not sure what more they can do that what they already did about it, going with JJ Abrams again for Episode 9.

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure what more they can do that what they already did about it

They need to bring in the big guns.

Image result for george lucas

FORGIVE THEM LUCAS, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DID

35 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm thinking 4 billies why not

That's only about a 20% increase over what the adjusted gross of Avatar will be on Avatar 2's release date. It could happen given Cameron's history with sequels (Aliens, Terminator 2), and the explosive growth of international markets since 2009 and Avatar's incredible OS popularity. $4B might be a lock.

KMmiQJV.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

They need to bring in the big guns.

Image result for george lucas

FORGIVE THEM LUCAS, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DID

yep because his cult remains. he doesn't have to write or direct but some "we are following GL vision" BS would do.