Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

4 hours ago, Chaz said:

Yeah, I edited. 🤣 Jennifer Lopez is the only person to have the top slot all in the same week.

Whitney with The Bodyguard? (I know she wasn’t the only artist on the full soundtrack album, but she had multiple hits off it, it sold entirely off of her, and I can only assume IWALY and the movie were #1 at the same time at some point, which just leaves having a #1 album?)

Edited by mattie08

44 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't mind you calling me a wanker I'll brush it off but Jim doesn't have his head up his ass, what are you on about?

The fact that he thought Josh Brolin was an idiot for not wanting to do all those Avatar sequels for one.

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yep because his cult remains. he doesn't have to write or direct but some "we are following GL vision" BS would do. 

Like Indiana Jones, Empire Strike Back and Return of the Jedi, certainly. Having him has the vision big idea guy and have people do to rough work is certainly a good idea for Lucas.

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

The most annoying backlash to me is the Avatar one. Just because James Cameron has his entire head up his ass and his fans are the most annoying wankers alive folks gotta act like the movie isn't neat

It’s a visual splendor for sure.

But don’t pretend it isn’t more white savior nonsense with clunky dialogue to boot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

whether one believes that TLJ soured the audience on Solo or not, TLJ critics have won a battle. We are now hearing all kinds of ridiculous spins (it's frequency, it's Cursed Memorial Day) but the fact is that TLJ critics won the narrative. LF and Disney would be fools not to look into it instead of just putting the blame on everyone but those who made the movies and approved them.

But outside of ridiculous spins like the date or the marketing they are also real reasons solo bombed that had nothing to do with TLJ. Even way before the lord&miller clusterfuck, solo was on shaky ground. Way back when the spin offs were first anounced there was excitement for Rogue One and the reaction to solo was "ehhh really?".

And the movie is fine. I watched it, i thought it was okay but I get someone who isn't a huge fan of the franchise just doesn't care about how Han Solo became Han Solo in a movie without Harrison Ford in it.

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Solo: 60% (For what is worth)

was around the opening time (might have been shortly before US, or shortly after US) at 34%, didn't check up often so I do not  know if it was deeper at another time

Now 61%

audience ratings rised too, now at 3.3

audince that participated: 25,957

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

As someone who has acted for nine years (not very well!) I gotta say it is far more difficult and impressive to play a normal, complex human than some zany character. And Johnny Depp has never in my memory played a normal human being well. 

Jump Street?
Didn't see a lot of episodes, and those were dubbed, can't remember much

Edited by terrestrial

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

That's only about a 20% increase over what the adjusted gross of Avatar will be on Avatar 2's release date. It could happen given Cameron's history with sequels (Aliens, Terminator 2), and the explosive growth of international markets since 2009 and Avatar's incredible OS popularity. $4B might be a lock.

KMmiQJV.jpg

I like your style I hope you stick around til 2020 it will be great.

That Jim quote is hilarious. He makes a good point there hasn't been an awe inducing film since Avatar.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

You folks are worried for nothing y'all, Solo is going to play like Avatar and come out making 670M Domestic. Overseas people have no taste anyways, if they cannot appreciate the amazing philosophical depth of the collision of two different colored glow sticks, they are better off watching Transformers and Furious franchise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

That's only about a 20% increase over what the adjusted gross of Avatar will be on Avatar 2's release date. It could happen given Cameron's history with sequels (Aliens, Terminator 2), and the explosive growth of international markets since 2009 and Avatar's incredible OS popularity. $4B might be a lock.

KMmiQJV.jpg

Avatar 2 is going to blow my brain out isn't it?

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
?

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I've read so many sports papers all these years, I'm immune to this shit now

Edited by LaughingEvans

1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

It’s a visual splendor for sure.

But don’t pretend it isn’t more white savior nonsense with clunky dialogue to boot.

And in all seriousness, my kids HATED it. They thought it looked cool, and maybe if they’d seen it in 3D on the big screen it would have carried them. But they didn’t, so they got bored after like 15 minutes and it went on and on. 

The whole white savior thing normally annoys them, but they were so bored by the end they just didn’t care.

Edited by Wrath

The worst part about this is that it might have the opposite effect the fans think it will.

Disney might no go "oh ok, now we need to give fans new stuff like a KOTOR trilogy or films set in the far future". Instead they might think "shit, the SW brand was hurt so badly but TLJ that people don't even want to watch the iconic character Han Solo. There's no way they would come out for films set in the old republic. ALL FUTURE STAR WARS FILMS OUTSIDE OF SKYWALKER STORYLINE CANCELLED"

• Haha 1