Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Wallstreet already going after Kennedy, there will be fallout

Disney now has time to re-evaluate its approach to “Star Wars,” as the next sequel isn’t scheduled to come out until December 2019. The pressure is on Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy to restore the franchise to its former glory.

A spokesman declined to make Ms. Kennedy available for an interview.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/solo-newest-star-wars-installment-off-to-a-slow-start-1527534820

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Gee, if you want to fuck me, at least take me to dinner first.  

How about a dine-in theater? We could go and watch this movie called Solo, I heard it's all the rage right now

19 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Wallstreet already going after Kennedy, there will be fallout

Disney stock stayed exactly the same today (even when up a little bit)...... not sure how much they care.

Disney stock do seem completely unlinked to movie box office mostly, it lost value the weekend Force Awaken destroyed record, is not touched here, I imagine movies is such a small part it's 55b revenues that it is hard for a result even for a franchise to make it move. Unlike a Liongates that was reacting quite a bit the monday of over/under performing or an EuropaCorp the monday the market open of Valerian.

Maybe it is just because your stock market was close with the national holiday and it will see the effect tomorrow too, my bad.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

How about a dine-in theater? We could go and watch this movie called Solo, I heard it's all the rage right now

I heard they already pulled it out of theaters and Disney shut Lucasfilm down.  

Maybe we can go see Book Club?

• Haha 2

Blame the Superbowl for Solo's OS box office.:sarah:

Waiting so late for a first trailer - no, a first look at the characters even - was fine for the US. But overseas that meant waiting way too long, especially in countries where they weren't familiar with SW in general or Han in particular.

Edited by MrGlass2

predictions

Solo - 35.6 + 24.7 + 24.4 + 21.3 + 9.0 + 5.6 + 5.4 = 126.0

Deadpool - 12.1 + 15.9 + 15.4 + 12.1 + 6.0 + 4.0 + 3.6 = 218.4

Avengers - 4.3 + 6.6 + 6.6 + 5.0 + 1.7 + 1.2 + 1.1 = 631.60

Book Club - 2.7 + 3.6 + 3.8 + 2.6 + 2.1 + 1.5 + 1.4 = 40.1

predicted totals after Thursday based on refined Monday # and a Sat/Sat PTA % declines applied to and rounded from last Tuesdays corresponding numbers.

Life of the Party - 42.2

Show Dogs - 12.7

Breaking In - 39.2

Overboard - 43.0

A Quiet Place - 181.5

Rampage - 94.4

Black Panther - 698.95

I Feel Pretty - 47.97

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Like 1

My issue with Star Wars is that it has been running on nostalgia since the original trilogy and they may have finally run out of it. These movies haven't brought anything new to the table since the 1980s and this is the biggest reason why they haven't caught on in markets that have no nostalgia for Star Wars.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4