Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

RT aud score still dropping 64%

WOM might not save it, sure it skewed by trolls, but shouldn't matter after a certain amount of votes

I think people give the keyboard warriors too much credit (which only emboldens them BTW). The general public who mostly piles in to fund these films are a key component. And the die-hard fans will be there no matter what, which pretty much eliminates anything a troll can do. So what's hurting the business is this saturation effect. It took Lucas 28 years to make six movies. Disney has made 4 in three years. That's too much. 

These things use to get rolled out with so much pomp and circumstance. You get the first BIG trailer. Then you would get the BIG announcement for merchandise. Fans had time to rebuild anticipation between movies.  All of that is passe' now.You barely get to catch you're breath before something else is rolling out. These days Disney is feeding the brand through a fire hose like it's a Netflix series. 

We just had a Star Wars movie this past Christmas which hit a sour note with a number of people, then the DVD came out less than two months ago. Now we have another one? I'm sorry but as much as these films can engage the public's interest, they didn't get there by being rammed down their throats. 

Rogue One was an interesting experiment, but in no way should it have green lit this new foray into endless spin-offs. This brand needs a rest and I think Solo is going to underscore that. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

RT aud score still dropping 64%

WOM might not save it, sure it skewed by trolls, but shouldn't matter after a certain amount of votes

Nah it’s trolls.

Wasn’t the Want To See score at 39% some hours ago?

edit: yeah, the Aud Score for this is pretty much pointless. Star Wars fans continue to suck.

Edited by AJG

why would folks on rt suddenly start trolling. aud scores:

tfa 88%

ro 87%

tlj 46%

solo 63% and likely rotten over the weekend itself.

internet and trolls go hand in hand but most seem genuinely pissed about the direction of the franchise.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

Solo 1.336m,

5th biggest OD 2018(3rd non hol), 15th biggest May OD 

about 30% of R1(sch hols), 1/2 DP2 OD 

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

That's pretty bad.  Sub $5m OW.  Translates to USD50-70m for a normal 3 day weekend.

Actually that's probably to low.  Might be around AUD6-7m OW.  Normal 3 day USD65-85m

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

Nah it’s trolls.

Wasn’t the Want To See score at 39% some hours ago?

edit: yeah, the Aud Score for this is pretty much pointless. Star Wars fans continue to suck.

after a certain amount of votes, i don't see how trolls drop votes more than 5%

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

after a certain amount of votes, i don't see how trolls drop votes more than 5%

Depends on if they manage to automate account registration and voting. I.e. use bots.

They could also manage a lot manually if they are really dedicated to what they do.

30 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Justice League was a Trainwreck

Solo is meh at worst

I mean in terms of dying at the domestic box office compared to their predecessors. Although I think Solo will have real difficulty reaching even Justice League’s international total. 

2 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

Depends on if they manage to automate account registration and voting. I.e. use bots.

They could also manage a lot manually if they are really dedicated to what they do.

Happened to Black Panther. A ton of bots voted it with 2 star ratings and got it down to 70% on opening day.

Meanwhile the IMDb score is approaching 7/10.

Edited by AJG

Just now, AJG said:

Happened to Black Panther. A ton of bots voted it with 2 star ratings and got it down to 70% on opening day.

Meanwhile the IMDb score is approaching 7/10.

aggregated scores are for losers!

10 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Could we be looking at a sub $500m total? 

This is literally sureal... No one could have thought that 1 year ago...

Sure, easy. Could have DOM and OS both under 250, perhaps. It does seem like WOM from people who’ve actually seen it is pretty fine, so I guess there is a bit of hope from legs, but the OS competition is really fierce with DP2 and JW2.