Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

If they cast The Rock in Solo would that have increased the weekend? 

Most definitely. 

I'm almost 100% sure if they'd given Emilia Clarke's part to the Rock instead and not changed a single line of dialogue, it would have made the film 10x more interesting. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

So what you're saying is that Grace Randolph has another career that pays her enough to be living in Manhattan 

:gold:

I think she used to interview actors before. In any case I don't believe her entire income comes from youtube.

16 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

YouTube is so strange. Can you imagine if you made a TV programme on your own with a production crew of 1, aired it at no cost, and had 100,000 viewers each day. You would be raking it in and swimming in melted gold swimming pools.

That stops meaning much when you realise that the YouTube audience is around 2 billion people.

It’s all about targeting ads and sponsorships. The problem is that youtubers can’t be monitored like traditional stars leading to small fuckups causing industry wide problems, and that for the most part youtubers are disposable (one youtuber could stop doing videos and a bunch other people are already lined up to replace them).

Edited by AJG

48 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Fuck it, I am going to create and Empire City YouTube channel and call it Drunken Box Office.

I'll get shit faced every day around 8pm and do a 10 minute video. 

I'm still somewhat young and minimally attractive and not awkward on camera so maybe it would work.  

Of course then I would have to give up my real job doing this and that would suck. 

Maybe I can animate myself. 

@LOGAN'sLuckyRun might be your guy. 

• Like 3

Oh wow oh wow.  The misogynistic behavior in this thread is appalling. Hating on a smart and talented woman. Must be jealousy. I mean she’s making money discussing the same things BOT’ers post about daily. I guess cis straight men can’t stand a strong powerful woman! 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

I mean she’s making money discussing the same things BOT’ers post about.

except everything that she says is wrong. 

Star Wars is not the next DCEU and never will be :rofl: 

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

except everything that she says is wrong. 

Star Wars is not the next DCEU and never will be :rofl: 

You’re absolutely right. Star Wars will never have a movie as good as Wonder Woman. :qotd:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Oh wow oh wow.  The misogynistic behavior in this thread is appalling. Hating on a smart and talented woman. Must be jealousy. I mean she’s making money discussing the same things BOT’ers post about daily. I guess cis straight men can’t stand a strong powerful woman! 

Thou hast elevated the individual to the collective, thus committing an error of grave report. Gender hath no bearing on their tomfoolery. They hateth not just the men, but the women and children too.

Edited by DarthPynchon
  • Haha 1

Just came back from watching Solo.  I enjoyed it.  It was a fun romp and I liked it more than TFA or Rogue One.  Haven't seen TLJ yet.

I found Aldren and company charming even if Glover's wannabe Billy Dee Williams shtick was sometimes a bit hard to take.   

Too bad the budget ballooned and all the BTS mess and other SW movies reception overwhelmed the general perception of the movie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1