Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

I have not seen the film yet, but I feel some happiness with this disappointment (let's wait to call it failure). I am fed up with this endless exploitation of every franchise.

So it looks like Disney is going to have to make incredible Star Wars movies if they want to make money, if only making good movies was as easy as throwing money at people...

• Thanks 1

But where did the tracking figures for this movie come from?

Honestly, I'm not surprised about the "meh" opening for this movie because hype has been very muted for the movie. 

I'm more curious how tracking pointed to a $150 million+ (until it started falling recently) opening when nothing seemed to support that.

6 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

24 hour presale comparisons with SW films are... perilous.   

But hey, Solo will still probably  do over 1/3BP. So that’s something.

Edited by Thanos Legion

3 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Solo's ww target on a calc

digital-7.regular.png

My god...   

this whole time...   

It has been staring us in the face :ohmygod:    

HOW COULD WE HAVE BEEN SO BLIND?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Could we be looking at a sub $500m total? 

This is literally sureal... No one could have thought that 1 year ago...

That’s locked. Probably $300-400m

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I will say again for my optimistic prediction again, the preview number will freak people out leading to things like sub-$200m domestic????? questions but the numbers throughout the weekend will make it come in much better than the Thursday number would indicate.  

"Solo will be fine"

"No way Solo's budget is over $200m"

- Empire City

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

But where did the tracking figures for this movie come from?

Honestly, I'm not surprised about the "meh" opening for this movie because hype has been very muted for the movie. 

I'm more curious how tracking pointed to a $150 million+ (until it started falling recently) opening when nothing seemed to support that.

They probably just asked people hey so you know who Han Solo is right? And forgot to ask if they wanted to see a movie about him without Harrison Ford. 

• Haha 1

Still don't think this has much to do with TLJ. 

It's simply that this movie never once felt appealing or necessary. If its failure makes Disney shit-scared for its other cash-grab prequels then, well, good.

• Like 3

Is this film even a lock for $13 million from Thursday previews? All of our local theaters were empty last night. One theater had it's one and only IMAX showing at 10:15 and had sold only ten tickets a half hour before show time. Light turn out seem to be the trend coast to coast from reading reports. 

7 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Still don't think this has much to do with TLJ. 

It's simply that this movie never once felt appealing or necessary. If its failure makes Disney shit-scared for its other cash-grab prequels then, well, good.

Bitch, please.

It is Star Wars we are talking about. A brand like that is not allowed to do such numbers even If they release a clip of Han Solo sleeping for 2 hours. I don't care about TLJ at all and I am surely not pissed by it's existence since I haven't even watched it but from this point on anyone who thinks that the fanbase isn't legimately pissed with the direction the series have taken needs a very big reality check.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Are we starting to see a rift between sws loons and Marvel drones, is this beginning of the greatest and most epic franchise war for second place?

Tbh You don't get second place with $500m ww, that behind the DCU and The harry potter spinoffs.