Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

21 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Still don't think this has much to do with TLJ. 

It's simply that this movie never once felt appealing or necessary. If its failure makes Disney shit-scared for its other cash-grab prequels then, well, good.

I think the film was going to underperform

I think tlj sealed solos fate...because that film really killed off excitement for all things star wars among a large number of people.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Bitch, please.

It is Star Wars we are talking about. A brand like that is not allowed to do such numbers even If they release a clip of Han Solo sleeping for 2 hours. I don't care about TLJ at all and I am surely not pissed by it's existence since I haven't even watched it but from this point on anyone who thinks that the fanbase isn't legimately pissed with the direction the series have taken needs a very big reality check.

I don't know what you're point is, but it sounds like you're agreeing with me. It shouldn't be making such little money, but it doesn't feel like an event, so it isn't. 

I'm not even going to entertain the notion that SW fans know what they want from these movies - consensus seems to be all over the place on that.

Edited by Hatebox

12 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Bitch, please.

It is Star Wars we are talking about. A brand like that is not allowed to do such numbers even If they release a clip of Han Solo sleeping for 2 hours. I don't care about TLJ at all and I am surely not pissed by it's existence since I haven't even watched it but from this point on anyone who thinks that the fanbase isn't legimately pissed with the direction the series have taken needs a very big reality check.

But that's just it, there is basically no one who hasn't acknowledged that there is some sort of divide. I have no idea why people constantly bring something up that virtually no one is even denying.

Running around claiming that "people need to recognize X", when all people have already done that quite some time ago, doesn't really lead anywhere. It's making up opinions just so you have something to argue against.

3 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I think Solo could do better in the merchandising sales than The Last Jedi and Star Wars - Rogue One

Annoying Feminist Robot is going to sell bigly, HYUGE numbers of toys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Parr said:

But that's just it, there is basically no one who hasn't acknowledged that there is some sort of divide. I have no idea why people constantly bring something up that virtually no one is even denying.

Running around claiming that "people need to recognize X", when all people have already done that quite some time ago, doesn't really lead anywhere. It's making up opinions just so you have something to argue against.

That's not a case at all. There are multiple people over here (and I thought you were one of those, sorry If I made a mistake) that claim Solo's performance has nothing to do about TLJ and there should be no concern for the next episode.

• Like 4

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

That's not a case at all. There are multiple people over here (and I thought you were one of those, sorry If I made a mistake) that claim Solo's performance has nothing to do about TLJ and there should be no concern for the next episode.

There should be concern for the next episode, but I think the point is that we can only see the impact of that when it comes out. 

Solo is very much failing on its own terms.

The whole idea of this movie was just bad. Who the hell asked for a young Han Solo film? No one, not even the biggest SW nerds. If this was the Kenobi Spin-off film we would have much better numbers now imo.

I mean, i love The Last Jedi and i woundt watch this movie even if it was for free. A big failure on Disneys and Lucasfilms part was the awful marketing as well. Not since Justice League (irony) had a tentpole movie such a lack of promotion.

Good morning everyone.  This is truly a sad day for a lot of people. Star Wars was born 

1977.  It was the first one of its kind. I am very saddened by what the fandom has to go through and i couldn’t possibly imagine  seeing the thing you love so dearly crumble before your eyes. But let us remember not all things last forever. At least you’ll always have the memories and the dusty VHS’s to re-experience the said glory. And shall you ever feel down remember “at least it’s not as bad as the DCEU”.  

May she Rest In Peace. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8586815&key=ba38e60bfc6

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I don't know what you're point is, but it sounds like you're agreeing with me. It shouldn't be making such little money, but it doesn't feel like an event, so it isn't. 

I'm not even going to entertain the notion that SW fans know what they want from these movies, that's a whole other discussion.

No what I am saying is that the fanbase is pissed with the direction the series have taken and thus boycott the film. If this was a case of not looking appealing enough to the GA it wouldn't have finished with less presales than what RO did in it's first day.

• Like 3

Just now, Brainbug said:

The whole idea of this movie was just bad. Who the hell asked for a young Han Solo film? No one, not even the biggest SW nerds. If this was the Kenobi Spin-off film we would have much better numbers now imo.

I mean, i love The Last Jedi and i woundt watch this movie even if it was for free. A big failure on Disneys and Lucasfilms part was the awful marketing as well. Not since Justice League (irony) had a tentpole movie such a lack of promotion.

Fans don't know what they want until they see it, no one asked for most of the GOAT films... they just appeared before everyone and it's like damn this is good.

The Opening might be bad, but I think the WoM might be decent/prety good. So I do expect some legs, also it's OW is going to be very low OS so it's easier to drops less % wise.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Fans don't know what they want until they see it, no one asked for most of the GOAT films... they just appeared before everyone and it's like damn this is good.

Most of the GOAT films arent prequels about a character of the Original  SW Trilogy where the original actor got replaced ;) I know what you mean, but that cant really be applied here.

• Like 2