Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

The way the Solo faithful are talking about the grand reception for this film it better have Wonder Woman style legs. I remember when the word of mouth for The Last Jedi was supposedly great too. Your word of mouth isn't great until I see good legs. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The way the Solo faithful are talking about the grand reception for this film it better have Wonder Woman style legs.

It won't. People actually cared for a Wonder Woman film. The GA doesn't care for a Han Solo film and I think that's what some folks are all missing. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

Greatest Showman just beat the record for fastest selling film on streaming ever here in the U.K: 350,000 in 3 weeks. Combined with 500,000 disc sales in its first week here. Incredible. 

The soundtrack could spend its 17th week at #1 here today too. 

Insane. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3

18 minutes ago, DarthPynchon said:

This is proof that the internet is a cancer.

There’s never been a better time to be a Star Wars fan. And yet, we all know that for most people being a Star Wars fan means being a predictable slob who only likes the first 2 OT movies.

Solo was great. WOM will be good. Hopefully Boba Fett will work as a sequel... I have to see these characters again. 

Um whatever act like that and the fanbase will just always be in civil war.

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Nova said:

It won't. People actually cared for a Wonder Woman film. No one cares for a Han Solo film. 

I know it won't. At best it will have decent legs before being killed by tough competition in the states and everywhere else.

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I know it won't. At best it will have decent legs before being killed by tough competition in the states and everywhere else.

It's being killed by almost no competition OS during its OW and is going to get steam rolled the moment Jurassic World comes out. But domestically it could have shot since there isn't much going on until I2. 

Edited by Nova

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It doesn't have tough competition in the U.S.   The next big opener in Incredibles 2 in it's 4th w/e.  Then Jurassic in it's 5th.  

Lol, as I was walking to the theater last night with my Star Wars shirt on, a group of teens walking in the other direction said “is there another Star Wars Movie coming out?”. 

Seriously? 

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jim Shorts said:

Lol, as I was walking to the theater last night with my Star Wars shirt on, a group of teens walking in the other direction said “is there another Star Wars Movie coming out?”. 

Seriously? 

Honestly, thats when you know the marketing for a movie (nevermind a STAR WARS movie) has fucked up :ohmygod:

• Like 1

if this still does 126 3-day, 156 4-day and get 54m second weekend (-57%) 244 10-day, then Solo could still be going for a domestic total larger than Incredibles 2 or Jurassic World.  If you count Infinity War towards the spring films, then Solo: Star Wars wins the summer.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 2

41 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Greatest Showman just beat the record for fastest selling film on streaming ever here in the U.K: 350,000 in 3 weeks. Combined with 500,000 disc sales in its first week here. Incredible. 

The soundtrack could spend its 17th week at #1 here today too. 

Insane. 

The soundtrack is still in the top 5 here too