Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

8 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

That would be a harsher Memorial Monday > Tuesday drop than Pirates 5 (55.8%).

Yup. I was gonna say to look at the Sunday-Monday drop to see if that's why it may have fell harder but POTC5 had an 18.8% drop and Solo had a 23.9% drop

Hopefully it can be closer to $7M or so though 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

That would be a harsher drop than Pirates 5 (55.8%).

I can see harsher drops... to a more non-SW kind of movie amount per day.

And a bit recovering numbers after ??? days, when the 'its better than...' make rounds. But not by much, if happening at all.

And probably only for a short time, see the upcoming next event-film (in the meaning of bigger things happening, in this case literally too, see dinos are big ;))

• Like 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

Too bad 'cause Solo was a solid movie and Pirates 5 was a solid defecation. 

I just looked up how much POTC5 made and this is was my face upon seeing its numbers 

:winomg:

7 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

guys c'mon you know the bit by know. tree is very stupid. literally the dumbest person who's posted here and that's an achievement. it's legit surprising he doesn't forget how breathing works or something. he'll always come here and say something like "bananas are supposed to be eaten with the skin on. peel them? i've never heard of someone doing that" and then people are gonna yell at him for 2 pages and he'll be like "whatever. peeling bananas seems pretty stupid to me"

My only question is, how has that guy lasted long enough to post over 17,000 times? After he went on his, "I'm unfuckable" rampage in the BP weekend thread I muted him because reading his spew was too annoying. Do the mods keep him on as some sort of running joke or something? They might as well invite fish back. At least her "Shitto" outbursts would be less frequent now that the Tolkien films are done. 

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

6.8M is actually exactly what P5 made its first Tuesday... if it makes the same money P5 did minus opening weekends, it would miss 200 million.

Yeah only gets to 196 in that case. Yeesh. This movie better be a big weekend film. 

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The Pirates movies seem to be miraculously bomb proof even still for reasons I do not understand. Why is OS still so into them? Why are DOM audiences still into them enough to get close to 200? 

I'll fully admit to liking the first four Pirates movies - even Stranger Tides. I went into 5 with low expectations that it couldn't even meet; everything besides Geoffrey Rush in that movie was a wash. Johnny Depp was truly embarrassing to watch. 

...but damn it if that Davy Jones tease didn't get my interest. :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Talkie said:

My only question is, how has that guy lasted long enough to post over 17,000 times? After he went on his, "I'm unfuckable" rampage in the BP weekend thread I muted him because reading his spew was too annoying. Do the mods keep him on as some sort of running joke or something? They might as well invite fish back. At least her "Shitto" outbursts would be less frequent now that the Tolkien films are done. 

Oh man, can you even imagine how unbearable it would have been last year when Annabelle: Creation was a big hit if fish were around? Otto in a hit for the first time in 12 years? She probably would have taken the whole forum down in her rage lol. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The Pirates movies seem to be miraculously bomb proof even still for reasons I do not understand. Why is OS still so into them? Why are DOM audiences still into them enough to get close to 200? 

POTC5 OS was amazing 450.0 OS-China + 172.3 China = 622.3

In comparison SMH was 429.7 OS-China + 116.3 China = 546.0

5 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

I am going to sleep seriously will someone make a Tuesday Thread or is it already up?

I just made one. Should stay open as long as the mods don't lock it