Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This movie just looked uncool. Han Solo is supposed to be cool. After the "putting together a crew" line Han should have said "gang, gang, gang, eskeeeeit." Now that's cool. Woulda added 50 mill to the opening weekend alone.

DeDKzi-VAAAIaQE.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/solo_a_star_wars_story/reviews/?type=user

There you go. You should see it immediately. That system is being utilized and is not indicative of WOM at all. Twitter was actually a lot better.

One last one because I'm already exhausted discussing this movie:
One star and a half - "REMEMBER, if you don't rate this film at least 1 star (1.5 to be safe), your vote WILL NOT BE COUNTED in score algorithm. 

Lucasfilm has gone completely astray. Kathleen Kennedy needs to be fired for what she did (and what's she's doing) to Star Wars. 

For this garbage, they miscast Han and told an unescessary story. It's terrible."

Seriously, fuck these people man. Have a problem with KK, take it out on Episode 9. Solo has had enough trouble. Ron Howard and all the crew that worked on this, do not deserve this.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Yes, that's the peak. Everyone agrees they can't repeat it, so it's down from here.

That's a pretty big technical when the last 5 Marvel movies made over 300mil dom and over 800mil WW..... and given the Avengers bump I'm guessing AM&TW will get that to 6 in a row.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I understand why many people think that IX has no "hook" besides beeing the finale, but i would be very carefull with predictions like "under TLJ DOM" before we have atleast a teaser. If the marketing for IX is great - and Disney has no reason to not market it well - the hype will built again.

People haven't yet acknowledged that the monster, insane, out of this world grosses for 7 & 8 are bc the real Luke Skywalker and Han Solo are back in the movies. Every franchise that brings back the originals gets a boost.

SW used their boost and failed to make a majority of their fans care about the new stuff while also pissing them off. 

Its R1 numbers for anything that doesn't have the original cast and is good. Below that if bad.

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

There you go. You should see it immediately. That system is being utilized and is not indicative of WOM at all. Twitter was actually a lot better.

One star and a half - REMEMBER, if you don't rate this film at least 1 star (1.5 to be safe), your vote WILL NOT BE COUNTED in score algorithm. 

Lucasfilm has gone completely astray. Kathleen Kennedy needs to be fired for what she did (and what's she's doing) to Star Wars. 

For this garbage, they miscast Han and told an unescessary story. It's terrible.

Seriously, fuck these people man.

Careful; one of those reviews has a big spoiler

3 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

That's what people say every time I bring this up. It's very very convincing.

Probably because Marvel has 2 movies in theaters currently that out grossed The Avengers Domestically? And IW making about 2 billion is kind of impressive.

So, my mother went to watch Solo yesterday. I told her to check her expectations at the theater door.

3 hours later, she called me and said there wasn't any expectations to be checked, and that's why she went to watch Deadpool 2 instead. :)

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

Probably because Marvel has 2 movies in theaters currently that out grossed The Avengers Domestically? And IW making about 2 billion is kind of impressive.

So to be sure I understand you- Because Marvel was able to surpass The Avengers, they're going to be able to pass Infinity War?

While I’m not really sure that the GA hates these movies or anything.  I think a loud toxic minority has become a deterrent to some people, but you know maybe that’s what they want.

The trolls who spam down ratings to keep trashing Kennedy or Johnson (and have been doing so non-stop since TLJ) are another level of sad.  It’s not wanting to save their franchise or anything, it’s being pathetic because a movie didn’t follow your fan theory.

I understand there’ve been movies that people don’t like but none have been anywhere near a level where they could be considered that offensively bad.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, my mother went to watch Solo yesterday. I told her to check her expectations at the theater door.

3 hours later, she called me and said there wasn't any expectations to be checked, and that's why she went to watch Deadpool 2 instead. :)

:bravo:

@Pandamia! GA doesn't hate them but it looks like they care less and less. TFA was lightning in the bottle thanks to nostalgia, which couldn't hold long, and the franchise failed to offer novelty. OS GA, however, doesn't care at all anymore. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

So TLJ Drips over 700m from FA and had bad legs for a December release. Solo flat out bombs

but according to many on this site, everything is all good! It’s just those evil right wingers who are disliking them and Episode 9 is guaranteed for a huge increase 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Careful; one of those reviews has a big spoiler

I saw it and passed over it before hitting copy and paste. All I was doing was scrolling down.

Thanks for the warning though. Appreciate it. I'm just worn out from this fanbase. So many weren't even willing to give this a chance or immediately assumed it was going to be awful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harrycaul said:

So to be sure I understand you- Because Marvel was able to surpass The Avengers, they're going to be able to pass Infinity War?

More or less. The idea that Marvel can't pass IW is rather strange since they have a decent shot at doing it next year.

Just now, harrycaul said:

Are you seriously expecting people to go along with the idea that if Marvel never again surpasses Infinity War, they're somehow sliding down?  Or that Disney would have any reason to worry whatsoever?

Maybe the MCU never has another 2B dollar movie (though with inflation and the expansion of overseas markets, tbh I think it will happen again), but if it doesn't how on Earth is that a failure in any sense?

• Like 1

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

More or less. The idea that Marvel can't pass IW is rather strange since they have a decent shot at doing it next year.

And they'll be able to then pass A4?

Is there no peak at all in your mind?

That's what the "That's what they said after The Avengers!!!!" implies. 

1 minute ago, Pandamia! said:

While I’m not really sure that the GA hates these movies or anything.  I think a loud toxic minority has become a deterrent to some people, but you know maybe that’s what they want.

The trolls who spam down ratings to keep trashing Kennedy or Johnson (and have been doing so non-stop since TLJ) are another level of sad.  It’s not wanting to save their franchise or anything, it’s being pathetic because a movie didn’t follow your fan theory.

I understand there’ve been movies that people don’t like but none have been anywhere near a level where they could be considered that offensively bad.

Yeah. The past few months have really soured me on the franchise despite liking everything in the sequel trilogy so far. Basement dwellers just don't know how to shut the fuck up.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

One star and a half - "REMEMBER, if you don't rate this film at least 1 star (1.5 to be safe), your vote WILL NOT BE COUNTED in score algorithm. 

Explains all those 2 star reviews on Panther.